Tuesday 24 October 2017

Facebook Flashbacks - Salem

I was totally expecting to be down this morning when I weighed in so I was shocked to see that I was actually up.

259.6 lbs
I was really surprised because I wasn't expecting that at all.
I ate very mindfully over the weekend so I was quite disappointed.
I have come up with a new hook though - Fat Girl Frees Thin Girl - might start myself a new instagram profile dedicated solely to my weight loss efforts/journey.

I spent a little time this morning getting some 50/50 boards done up for the office here.

We always adopt a family here in town at Christmas time and buy them gifts - When we were Devon, they gave us funds to do that but now we have to raise the funds ourselves.

It seems harder and harder to come up with fundraising ideas each year, plus we have fewer and fewer employees each year to participate.

We will do what we can though - it is an important charity to us.

Facebook Flashbacks Oct.2014
After leaving Hartford, Connecticut, we made our way to Salem, Massachusetts,
We liked it there so much that we stayed a second night.

They really played up the witch theme there which I thought was marvelous.

We ate at a little place called Beer Works and we had these pretzel bites that were excellent.

In the morning we had breakfast at a hip little place called the Ugly Mug Diner.
We had to try it out because we have an Ugly Mug at home in our little town so it was providence.
I had the Elvis waffle - it was delightful.

My Honey had Joe’s Fish Prints Dueling Crustaceans 
It was Two Crab Cakes topped with Poached Eggs, Hollandaise and a drizzle of Lobster Aioli Chipotle.
He vaguely remembers liking it.

We also went on a ghost tour while we were there which was a lot of fun.
They gave us all candles to carry around.

We were trying to be spooky.

Salem had so much history and it had kind of a spooky, funky vibe about it.
We enjoyed our time there and would absolutely go back.

That ties things up for today.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment