Monday 23 October 2017

New Orleans Day Eleven - Time to Head Home

Well our vacation has come to an end.
My suitcase is all packed up and ready to go.

Not so happy about it - we could have stayed longer no problem.
 
We packed our bags and left them with the valet then went down the street to have breakfast.
We ate at a little place called Mena's.
We had just enough time then we were back at the hotel waiting for our airport shuttle which was scheduled to pick us up at 11 am.
 
We weren't sure if that would give us enough time to check in but figured they are in the business of running people back and forth to the airport and they knew our flight time so they should know.

We are super happy because check in was a breeze and we had plenty of time.
 
Found a great spot to sit that had a foot rest (at least that is what I used it for).

I played a few games on my ipad while we were waiting for our flight to board.
 
We didn't have much of a layover in Houston and we had to go to a differant terminal than the one we arrived in for our departing flight so when we found our gate, we just got right in the boarding line up.
We were standing there and My Honey said "that looks like Win Butler".
I thought he recognized someone we knew but he said "no, Win Butler, the lead singer of Arcade Fire"
I had no idea who that was but checked out the guy he was talking about.
He was travelling with his wife and possibly a few other folks.
 
I looked up his picture when I got home and sure enough it was him and his wife.
Here they are - they have a very distinct look.
He is super tall and he was even wearing a similar hat.
 
I figured perhaps they were playing in Edmonton soon so My Honey checked it out and sure enough, they are playing in Edmonton tomorrow night.
 
So there it was, our exciting celebrity sighting.
 
We arrived in Edmonton at 7 pm which was earlier than expected so that was nice.
We got the shuttle back to the truck then grabbed some supper.
 
I had been thinking that I wanted to get Tortilla soup at Habanero's in Leduc but by this time I just wanted to get home so we got sandwiches at Tim Horton's.
 
My Honey stopped at the grocery store on the way home too so he could pick up some stuff for his lunches.
 
About an hour away from home it started snowing and the closer we got, the worse it got.
By the time we made it home, it was snowing really hard and you could barely see the road.
 
It was around 11 pm when we arrived home so we basically brought our stuff in from the truck and headed to bed.
 
It was a really great vacation and I sure miss that lovely weather already.
 
Spent a lot of time sitting today so didn't make 10,000 steps today.
 
More Facebook memories from our London trip popped up today.

The crosswalk the Beatles made famous on Abbey Road.
There is a lot of traffic there and everyone is trying to get that famous shot so it's a bit chaotic.

In front of abbey road studios.

We were just walking around and stumbled upon a Zombie Apocaypse.

They were everywhere.

She had a crow on her head eating her brains - it looked really gruesome.
 

There were pretty zombies

Ones with crazy mouths.

Doctor zombies?

Scary ones, bride zombies.

Even mother and baby zombies.

Bridesmaid zombies maybe?

He looked so cute.

This one was rocking a Michael Jackson red leather jacket.
I don't know what was going on but everyone sure looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Later that same evening we went and saw this live performance in London.
It was great.
 
Some photos from our October Trip in 2014 also popped up.
We had booked the New England cruise and were going to fly to Quebec and leave from there on the cruise.
It ended in Boston where we were going to stay an extra day then fly home.
About a week before our cruise it ended up getting cancelled due to propeller issues.
They refunded our money AND gave us a credit for a free cruise to use later in the future.
 
Because we hadn't booked our flights through the cruiseline those were non-refundable so we had to figure something out.
We ended up changing our flight to Quebec and flew into Halifax instead where my sister picked us up.
It was so nice because I got to spend a few days with her and the boys.
Then she drove us to the ferry in Yarmouth which we took over to Portland, Maine.
From there we rented a vehicle and just kind of drove around with no agenda except to be in Boston in time for our flight home as we didn't change that reservation.
 
It was one of the best trips we ever had.

While visiting my sister we went apple picking to a local farm.
They just happened to have goats that enjoyed riding on the merry-go-round.

The boys liked it too.

We got a cart and were off to pick some apples.

Afterwards we went back to play on the merry-go-round and the goats made friends with My Honey.

Awww, the boys were so little then and they are such cuties.

We also stopped at a local craft store that is a favorite of mine and I bought a few new girlies for my collection.
I got the little rocking chair too.

They are hand made and so they are one of a kind and I love each and every one that I have.

The autumn colors were on full display too.
I miss seeing them so much.
I never took it for granted and loved it when I lived there and I forget how spectacular it is until I get to see it in person again.
 
And that is it for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment