Sunday 29 October 2017

Edmonton with Mom

I got up early this morning with My Honey.
He got ready to go to work and I made a coffee and sat down to read my book The Lake House a bit.
I set my alarm for 7:30am because I know that sometimes when I get into a book, time no longer has any meaning to me and hours pass by as if they were minutes.
I wasn't quite ready to stop reading when my alarm went off at 7:30 am but when my Fitbit reminded me at 7:50 to get some steps in to make the hour, I put the book away and headed down for a work out.

I made myself this work out tracker because I love lists and tracking things and my little mantras on here became the focus of my workout.

It felt great to have a workout under my belt by 9 am.

I got 45 minutes in again - I did do a bit of jogging too.
I also did squats, lunges, sit ups, push ups, hula hoop and a plank.

Then I so the Precor just sitting there and thought maybe I should give it a go.
I used to do only the Precor before I had a treadmill and I did get a good work out on it.

I only did 6 minutes but every little bit counts!

That amounted to 810 strides in total, 

and 48 more calories burned.

My strategy is going to be "Every Little Bit Counts".
So if I am able to do a couple of squats in the middle of the day, or take the stairs or go for an extra walk I will.
Some days I may do more than others but instead of focusing on what I don't do, I am going to focus on all the little good things I do.
I am feeling like it is a good strategy.

I also feel like getting a work out under my belt first thing in the morning is going to be the key to my success.

I can do it - I am going to do it.

After working out I grabbed a shower then mom & I left for the city.

We stopped at my brothers to drop off Max for the day and my SIL was out with the kiddos.
(My brothers live across the street from one another).

So the kids came over to say hi to mom and I.
I love seeing their smiling faces.

I stopped at the store to pick up road trip snacks for mom and I.
Another ELBC - I chose healthy snacks - small victory for me.

I told mom to smile - this was what I got.
The guy that I accidentally captured in the back ground wasn't even smiling, ha ha!

We stopped at Costco and all the Christmas stuff is out.
I love checking it out but won't let myself buy anything because I have so much stuff already.

I almost caved and got this guy.
He is an outdoor decoration, he was taller than me and I thought he was adorable.
I talked myself out of it though, not really a necessity.

We stopped at Chopped Leaf for lunch and I had the Bangkok salad again.
It was just as yummy as the first time.
I think this will be my new favorite "fast food" stop from now on.

We did lots of looking around but not so much shopping.
Mom was getting tired and so was I for that matter.

I tried to get out of going to Wally World until mom reminded me that I needed to pick up kitty litter.
So that was our last stop for shopping, I grabbed a sandwich at Timmies and then we hit the road just after 6pm.
That meant it would be after 8 pm when we got home so a long day.
My Honey was home when we got there and he help bring our groceries in,

Then I was pretty much done for the day.

I met all my Fit Bit goals for today - feeling good about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment