Wednesday 25 October 2017

Kitties Past and Present

While I was getting ready this morning, Paddington decided to jump up into my dresser/closet.

He liked it in there.

I couldn't get him to look at me so I could take a picture of him, silly kitty.

He did find one of my schrunchies for my hair and attacked it thoroughly.

I've been weighing in every morning this week hoping the scale will reflect what I am doing at home but so far it doesn't seem to be, I was up a little more than yesterday.

It was nice out today, the snow is starting to melt.

My brother stopped by the office a few times today to get me to fax some things for him.

He is starting his own company which is both exciting and scary.

He was working at his current job for more than 20 years.

He gave them his notice today and said he would be done on Sunday but they told him he was done today.
I guess I understand as he will be their competition but kind of sad too.
He is a really great worker, very well liked and they didn't even try to convince him to stay.

Professor Snuggles was looking quite comfortable on the cat tree when I got home for lunch.
He doesn't normally like that top perch so it was odd to see him there.

I worked on blogging catch up through my lunch again today.

Mr B and Mr J got busy in the conference room this afternoon building two pieces of furniture we picked up for one of our colleagues that retired.
We are having a dinner for her on Friday evening and the company gives funds to buy a gift so this is what she is getting.
She picked it out herself.

There are a lot of parts.

Mr J looks like he is hard at work.

My Honey wanted to go get his truck serviced so asked if I wanted to go for a drive to WCT after work so of course I said yes.

We chatted a bit about the whole Harvey Weinstein thing and the #metoo campaign that is going on right now.

It ended up that the service place was just closing up as we got there so we couldn't go.

We went to Edo for some supper.
They are always so nice and friendly at this location.

I just had a regular bowl but with bulgogi sauce instead of teriyaki.
It was really good.

My Honey tried a new dish they had - it had a kick to it.
He enjoyed it.

My Honey decided to tuck a tip for them under our tray and left it on the table.
Being fast food, I don't think they normally get tips.

We went out to the truck and I got him to pull up in front of the place so i could watch them clean our table.  i was expecting some type of reaction from the girl when she saw the tip because it was a significant amount. We got nothing.  She didn't react at all, just put it in her pocket and carried on.

Oh well - they deserved it reaction or no.

We stopped at Wally World for a few supplies, picked up a couple of pumpkins and a new shower head.

We stopped at No Frills too looking for clementines and basil (no luck on the clementines) then we headed home.

It was dark and there were lots of deer out tonight but we made it home incident free.

I finished up a blog post when I got home then I had a little look at Facebook.

These Facebook Flashbacks/Memories are actually from August 2007
This was my few days in my place in Dartmouth.

My mom and my brothers had come from Alberta to help me move.

My brothers & a friend enjoying a last meal together.

My little princess Miss M - I was so thrilled to be moving out to Alberta so I could be closer to her and see her more often.

My son and his bff - they grew up next door to each other (we lived in a duplex).
Friends are the hardest thing to leave behind when you move - especially when it is to somewhere that is so far away.

Mr Cool # 1 and #2!

My friend sitting on my stoop with my on Byron Crescent one last time before I left.
We had a lot of good times there.

Miss M is ready to go.
We rented a van to travel across the country along with my car.

She got her hair "did" for the big moving day.

My kitties at the time were travelling with us so we got them little leashes.
I wanted them to be able to get out and get some fresh air when we made stops.
This is my Cuddles.
She was a nice smokey grey color with beautiful green eyes.
She got sick not long after we moved out her and we had to put her down.
It was devastating and so hard to go through.
I vowed at that time that I wasn't ever going to get any more pets.

This was her sister Tiger.
She was my son's baby.
She was a talker.
She ended up getting cancer quite a few years after we moved and we had to put her down to in the end.
It is so hard - they become like family.
Now I have a couple more cats so eventually we will be going through it again and I know it will be just as hard as before - They are worth it though.

Tiger

Cuddles

Awww, she was a little pudgy but I just loved her so much.
She was a cuddler too.
She had a thing for my brother Mr R and liked to sit on his shoulder.

We stopped lots along the way for stretching.
It is 60 hours of driving and that is if you drive straight through without stopping.
So 2.5 days on the road at the very least.
We picked scenic spots so we figured great opportunity for a photo shoot.
My brother and his oldest Miss M.

Here they are again.

and again.

Now Max has joined the picture.

We saw more cool things along the way, like this truck with GIANT wheels.

This random place along the highway in Quebec that has all these dinosaurs for some reason.

Miss M thought they were cool.

Max making himself comfortable in the van.

Looking like she is ready for mischief.

She kept herself entertained coloring.

Max is still sleeping away.

My brother taking a break from driving.

Another scenic spot.
When you are in a car for so long you really need to get out and stretch every so often.

My handsome brother Mr.A.

Another great spot for some family photos.

My brother Mr.R, my son and Maxx.

I got in on this one.

Cooling her toes off.

My boy decided he wanted to try to balance on the rocks.

Monkey see, monkey do.

My boy, Miss M and my mama.

Getting her a whistle at the gas station on one of our stops was not a great idea.

What a darling little face.

Max was like her doll, she has his ears up in a scrunchie here.
He would just let her do whatever.

Now she has her dolls shirt on him.

As we rolled into town, I was lucky enough to see my first bear.

I still get excited every time I see one.

That's about it for today, until next time, be happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment