Sunday 29 October 2017

Massage? Yes Please!

Thursday is here!
Still no losses on the scale front.
Still after a way to make it happen.

For lunch today I had leftover coconut soup.
So good - I ate it in my office - still trying to get caught up on blogging since our return from New Orleans.

It has occurred to me lately that my blog has turned into more of a journal or diary.
Which is not surprising to me.
I have always been an on and off journaler throughout my life so an online diary seems like a natural next step.

Even if it seems mundane and boring at times, I know that I will enjoy looking back at all these happenings and I will appreciate that I took the time to chronicle them.


I made mom & I grilled cheese and ham sandwiches for supper.
I've pulled out the grill press My Honey picked up for one of the Burger Love specials and I've been using it.
It is handy & perfect - I am predicting that it will be getting a lot of use in the near future.

Then I headed up to the hospital as I had an appointment scheduled for a massage tonight (she rents a room in the hospital to use as her massage room) and I was very much looking forward to it.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was a little early and there was a flu shot clinic going on so I randomly decided to get a flu shot.
I haven't had one in over 10 years so I don't know why I suddenly opted to do it but I did.

I think the ant-vaccination trend recently got me thinking about it.
I think their stance is so foolish and dangerous and frankly I am astonished that they would put their children in such harm and other peoples children too for that matter.

No matter how many physicians speak out against the dangers of not vaccinating or how many times the theory that they cause autism is debunked, people stubbornly hold on to their beliefs that vaccinating is a huge money grabbing scam and doing so is more dangerous than not.

Anyway, I am complete appalled and baffled by these anti-vacinators so I got me thinking, why would I feel so strongly about that then scoff at the idea of a flu shot?
Perhaps I am young & strong and could fight off the flu but what I was affecting others around me by not having it?
And it's free, and so easy to obtain.
Hence my "random" decision.
It barely hurt then I was on my way to my massagen.

All ready for me.
Miss KW did some facial cupping on me today - it's been a while.
I love it, it feels so nice and relaxing.

When I got home from my massage, my honey was already home from work.
He has been fighting a cold off since we got home from New Orleans so it wasn't long before he was ready to hit the hay.

Paddington was laid out in the hallway relaxing.
I thought it looked so funny the way his little back paws are pointed out so I just had to take a picture.
Tomorrow is Friday - my favorite day of the week!
Likely because I have the whole weekend full of possibilities and lazy mornings stretching out in front of me.

I am hoping that I will be down for my weigh in tomorrow but also doubtful as it would just be a fluke and I haven't earned it.

I will though - soon enough, I will!

Another day in the books - until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment