Sunday 29 October 2017

My Get Up and Go Came Back.

Today was my final chance for pulling in a loss for this week in the weight loss challenge.
It didn't happen for me.
257.8 lbs.
That's a gain of .4 which isn't bad really but any up in this competition means I owe $5 for the week.
(Really it was paid up front so it just means I won't be getting it back).
It would be nice to re coup some of my money at least.

I made grilled cheese & ham sandwiches for mom & I for lunch.
We ate them with pickles and they were darn tasty if I do say so myself.

I got back to the office to see a parcel for me at my desk.
Having a package arrive in the mail is always a little titillating even if you are expecting it and know what it is.
Just something about it arriving and looking forward to opening it makes a person excited.

It was the extra batteries and charger that I had ordered for my phone.
I am eager to find out if it is going to work and restore a good working phone to me.

I also ordered a book - Paperboy - and I am keen to get reading it.
When I ordered "Wonder" based on the opinion of my cousin's young daughter (Miss KA), this booked popped up on Amazon as an item that most people who ordered Wonder also ordered.
For some reason it jumped out at me, I read the reviews and they were really good.
If I do like it - I am going to send it along to Miss KA as a kind of thank you for leading me to it.

There are few blogs that I regularly read and for some reason one of them really inspired me today.
The blog is called SkinnyMeg.
She is in super shape and she had an old picture of herself posted on her blog today from before she started on the weight loss journey.

It resonated with me - like really resonated.

I realized that if she could do it, so could I.
I know I see skinny folks and I sometimes think that they are so lucky, they are likely naturally that way and don't even have to work at it.
I realize that is not often the case, more times than not, they do work at it really diligently.
Maybe they just live a more active life and eat better without having to think about it all the time.

Everyone it different and I am certain there are lots of people out there struggling just as much as I am.
I think that is what is so intriguing about successful weight loss stories and before and after pictures.
It instills hope in us that maybe we can do it too, they inspire us.

And for whatever reason, I felt inspired today and I am just going to run with that feeling as long as I can.

When I got home from work, I hopped on the treadmill.

This is before working out - I was just proud of myself for even getting on the treadmill.
I didn't know if I would just walk or jog or what but it didn't matter.
Anything I accomplished would be more than what I would have on the couch so I just got to it

Looking a little sweatier now and even happier because I am done.

I got 45 minutes in.
I also did (just a couple) sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges and a plank.
I also tried the hula hoop again and I was disconcerted to find that my hula hooping skills had fallen to the way side and I do mean WAY FALLEN.
I couldn't keep it up even for 5 turns around and I used to do a few hundred no problem.
Apparently it isn't like the proverbial bike but I kept picking it up and I got 50 rotations in.
I will keep at it until I get the skills back.

I was pleased with myself and this is just the beginning.

All in all, I was happy with my stats for the day.

Facebook Memories for Today.

A year ago today was the day my mom got moved to the Glenrose Hospital.
My aunties had arrived in Edmonton the evening before - my brother had to get them at the airport because I was in meeting for work in Calgary.
I wanted to surprise my mother but I ended up telling her they were coming.
They came with me and we drove mom to the Glenrose.

We were all so happy to see each other.
Having them there helped me feel a little less helpless about the situation and mom was super happy to see them.
They were happy to see her in person so they could discern the effects of her stroke for themselves.
She made some big strides while they were here too and I think their support and love really helped with that.

That is all for today.

Until next time, be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment