Sunday 22 October 2017

New Orleans Day Nine - Just Going with the Flow

We woke up this morning curious as to the effects of Hurricane Nate only to find out that there weren't any, not here anyway.
It completely passed us by which was great.
Unfortunately, it did cause some damage in Biloxi, Mississippi where it struck land.

My Honey found this little place called Elizabeth's that was highly rated so we took a cab over there for brunch.

It was a funky little place and I was excited to give it a try.

We had to wait for a table so we went upstairs to the bar section until they were ready for us.

There was lots of funky artwork.

It was fun and colorful

Even a painting of the restaurant itself.

They had their own hot sauce.

The kitchen was open so you could see right in there.

The place was just packed.

Their special board.

Ha ha, this was clever.
Another example of something My Honey noticed that I did not.

We tried the chicken liver appetizer.
I didn't like it.

I had the Duck waffle.
It had duck, sweet potato hash, a corn bread waffle and pepper jelly.
There was barely any duck, the waffle didn't taste any different then any other waffle I have ever had.
I was disappointed in it honestly.

My Honey had the Banana's Foster French Toast.
It didn't blow him away either. 

We had absolutely no plans for today so after we ate, we just started walking back towards the french quarter.

We weren't looking for anything in particular, just took our time and saw what we saw.

There are always so many interesting things to see all around and when you walk, you have more of a chance of seeing them.
Loved this fish art that was just randomly on the sidewalk.

This was a random sculpture in a field.
It looked so real.

More sidewalk art.

We stumbled upon this interesting place.

So we went in and checked it out.

There was some art in there for sale but it was WAY overpriced in my opinion.
So we left there and just continued on our way.

My Honey did really like this fan they had in there, me, not so much.

This place is nice and colorful.

More sidewalk destruction from the trees.

Not sure if this was a piece of art or actually someones bike.

A nice colorful creole place.

Punch Buggy Red
My Honey totally dominated at the punch buggy game this vacation.

Punch Buggy Black.
He was just spotting them everywhere.

Just some cool sights.

We thought this might have been a recording studio.

Graffiti art.

Pretty flowers.

Painted up building.


We were hot and thirsty so we stopped at a little cafe we came upon.

Ordered the lox & bagel to share.
All that walking makes a person hungry.

Another of those trees with the blossoms I love - this one is huge.

Can't get over how pretty the flowers are.

Some of the graffiti that we see is spectacular.
There are some very talented folks out there.

Just randomly on the side of a building.

They really like to sticker up their signs around here.

Just a plaster face on the wall.

A bunch of models we happened upon in the midst of a photo shoot.

Hidden art.

Weird art.

Layers of messages.

Moi.

We stopped in a little pet store - it stunk so bad I felt sorry for the little puppy in there.

This was in the back of a tshirt shop - made me laugh.

Checked out a witch craft store - don't think this was for sale, I think they used it in there.

I love, love, loved this and seriously considered buying one.
It was $120 US though and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money.
I kind of wish now that I had.

This was a different shop sign - I liked it.

We both like marionette's so checked these out but they were way over our price range.

This is one of those little solar powered dancing toys that JRA collects - this is an unusual one that I hadn't seen before.
Unfortunately it wasn't for sale, it was just in someone's window.

Some more french quarter balconies.

I was needing a rest and a drink so we stopped at a little restaurant.
We ordered drinks and a bite too eat.

We shared a shrimp and grits which the waitress told us was delicious.
She was a very great waitress, we decided number two of all time.
The guy we had in Nelson is still sitting in the number one position.

We both had lemonades there and they came in these large red glasses.
The waitress kept filling them up for us because we were just slurping them down.
At one point, she was filling My Honey's so he took mine to have a drink and went to stir the straw around but it kind of got stuck.
He looked in my glass and there was a plastic to go lid squished down in there amongst the ice.
It was kind of funny because I hadn't even noticed it.
The waitress felt bad but it was no biggie.

After we left there we thought it would be nice to go on another trolley ride.
We took the St Charles one all the way to the end.
We walked around a little then believe it or not, we were ready to have some supper then.

We had seen this place called Louisiana Pizza Kitchen and thought it would be as good a place as any to try.
I had some deep fried ravioli.

This was their version of gnocchi.
It had sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese - it was good.

We also shared a pizza.
It was pretty good too.

After we finished, we went to the little bakery next door for dessert.

We had a lemon tart.

And a chocolate tart.
Both were delicious.

Afterwards we just hopped back on the trolley and headed back to the hotel.

I just love the trolley - I could ride back and forth all day and thoroughly enjoy myself just watching the people and the sights.

Our total steps were back up again today.

Once back in the hotel room I checked Facebook as usual.

There were some pictures posted from my boy's weekend in Drumheller.
This is he, his girlfriend and her little sister.

This is him with her family.
I love that they do things like this and that they include him.

This is a horrible memory from October 2012.
Way too much snow for October if you ask me.

And our London trip memories keep coming.

Here we are at Buckingham Palace.

They won't let me in!

I got to try bone marrow.

Riding the London Eye.

View of Big Ben from up there.

Another day in the books.
Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment