Tuesday 24 October 2017

Girl Guide Cookie Time

Today was a nice relaxing day at home.
I did laundry and mom & I watched a couple of episodes of Heartland.

Little Miss A came by selling girl guide cookies.
They were my favorite ones too - chocolate mint.
So of course I had to buy a few boxes from her.
Max had to check out who was here.

She was very serious about her mission so couldn't stay to chat long.
She gave us our goods, got her money, posed for a picture and was on her way.
She is so funny.

I thought it would be nice to have a hot supper ready for My Honey when he got home.

I made lemon pepper cod.
I kind of got wrapped up in blogging and let it cook a little longer than it needed.
It wasn't burnt or anything but it was a little tough.
Still edible anyway.

Also made my new favorite side dish - instant mashed potatoes.

And threw together a salad which was really tasty.

I think he appreciated my efforts even if the fish was a little extra chewy 😜

Facebook Flashbacks
(I think that has a nice ring to it so I am going to use it from now on over Facebook Memories)
New England Trip 2014 Continues

We left Portland and ended up driving to through Vermont then over the river into New Hampshire.
Keane, New Hampshire.
We found this hotel and spent the night.
It was a gorgeous room that had a balcony with spectacular views.
(the bed was uncomfortable though)

This is the view - it was absolutely breath taking.

We left there and headed to Hartford, Connecticut.
We spent a night in Hartford too and attended the symphony, they did excerpts from Porgy & Bess.
We really enjoyed ourselves.

In the morning we visited the First & Last Bakery - Cafe.

They had hands down the absolute best macaroon cookie I have ever tasted in my whole life.
Every time I see this picture, I want to go back there to get another one.
If you are ever there - trust me, you need to get one!
Make that two, one for right then and one for a few hours later when you are thinking about how good it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment