Thursday 26 October 2017

Day in the City with the Girls - Happy Birthday Mrs BH!

I got together some wood scraps to make more Christmas trees this year and asked mom if she would like to base coat them.
She said yes and I finally covered the table and set everything up for her a couple days ago.
She has been very busy - she has them all done.
Now I have to get her to paint the colors on them.
I think she enjoys it and it is something for her to do.

I was up super early this morning - couldn't sleep.
I am still playing catch up with the New Orleans trip on the blog so I worked on that for a while.
I left the house right around 8 am to go pick up the girls and head into Edmonton.

BH is dedicated to preparing for our trip to Mexico in January that we are planning so she choose a healthy spot for us to have lunch.
The Chopped Leaf.

I had their lemongrass soup and the Bangkok salad.
It was really delicious.

SV & BH
Everyone is happy to be having a girls day.

NC (or I guess that is NT now) and myself.

After we finished eating we headed over to West Edmonton Mall.
We had about 45 minutes before we went in to the theater so we all went our separate ways.
I went to Old Navy and found nothing I wanted.
Then I went into Payless and ended coming out with 4 pairs of shoes.

I went in there looking for a pair of black shoes that were plain but kind of dressy.
I found these and they are perfect.

They were having a buy one get one half price sale so I ended up with all of these two.
All 4 pairs cost me $60 so I thought that was a pretty good deal.

We had a hard time picking a movie to go see.
It was all the discussion at the office yesterday and it was actually Mr.JRA who suggested this one for us.
We watched the trailer and we were sold.

It was a really good movie - super quiet in parts and it was really noticeable because there were only us 4 and 3 others in the theater.
I will warn you, it is a tear jerker.
It is a wonderful story and it is a true story too which makes it even better.

After the movie we went to dinner.
We compared menus of all the places on Bourbon Street in the mall then the birthday girl picked the one she thought had the best dessert options.
She picked Earls.

I was excited to have my favorite - extra spicy virgin caesar.

They put a meat stick in it which is kind of weird and it didn't taste good but the drink itself was FABULOUS!

My phone had died by this point.
Side Note - it just won't keep a charge so I searched Amazon for a new battery.
I ended up finding two batteries and a charger for under 30 bucks.
I ordered it and I am hoping it works as I don't really want to spend a bunch of money on a new phone.

So - back to where I was - I had to get Mrs. BH to take pictures and send them to me for the blog.

Same groupings as before - NC(T) & I

BH & SV

Because we weren't that hungry we just ordered appetizers and skipped the entrees.
Unfortunately none of it was that good.
I am not sure what the issue was, we've eaten here before and it was good but this stuff was awful.

We were hoping that dessert would be better.

We ordered the chocolate sticky toffee pudding and we were not disappointed.
It was delicious so the whole thing wasn't a bust.

After supper we stopped at Ricki's so I could get a gift card for the bday girl from us girls at the office.
I ended up buying myself 2 pair of pants and 2 tops.
I didn't bother to try them on but have since and turns out I only like 1 pair of pants, the rest I will be returning.

My Honey went in to the city with his buddies Mr J and Mr B. today too.
I realized last night that they remind me of these two.
  
Statler and Waldorf.
Anyone remember these old guys in the balcony from the muppet show?
Well J & B act just like them and they crack me up!

He was sending me pictures of their day.

This was his supper.
Now that is a burger - holy moly, it is huge.
They ate at Fionn McCools.

Sears is going out of business so they stopped in there to check things out but he said he was like a zoo in there and folks had everything just torn apart.

We stopped at Tim Horton's before leaving the city to grab road drinks and saw this funky van.
Somebody spent a lot of time on this - not sure that I like it but it is very one of a kind.

We left the city around 6:30 or so, ended up home just after 9pm.
It's funny, when we first started making these trips we would just be leaving the city at that time - we'd stop all over the place and hit Walmart last on our way out as it was open the latest.
We don't do that anymore, now we get in and get out as quickly as possible.

My Honey was already home, he got in around 8 pm.

We watched a few of the Halloween baking and cake war shows which I just love.
Then we headed to bed.
We are having my family over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow since we missed and we were having it early as my SIL had to work Sunday evening so we knew we would be up early again and busy.

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment