Wednesday 17 July 2024

Off to Vegreville (July 12, 2024)

I am going to  Vegreville this weekend with Kody, Haylee, Eden, Freya, Crystal and Zepplyn.

Before I hit the road, I did my full body weight training.

It felt really good today.

I drove by myself so I listened to my current audio book the whole time.

The Covenant of Water

It's so good and very long.
I started listening to it on Spotify and I only get 15 hours free a month and I think this book is over 30 hours long so I ran out last month and had to wait to get topped up.
Now I'm topped up again but I don't think it's going to be enough to finish off the book - I guess we'll see.

IOD was releasing some new products today for Summer 2024 - I was going to watch the video but it wasn't coming out until 11 and I was already on the road so I stopped in to Raggs to Riches in Spruce Grove to check them out.

These are all the products for the summer release.
I had a hard time picking what I wanted to buy because there are so many nice things to chose from but I ended up going with the Ephemeral Stamp.
Then I also got the Oak Leaves and Acorns Mould.

I also like the Felicite Mould (roses) and the Charlotte stamp so I may purchase those next.
I'm really looking forward to the Christmas release - that is my favorite.

From there I stopped at Lobster Mobster for another lobster roll and this time I went with the traditional bun.
Delicious.

The girls drove with Crystal and they made a pit-stop in Mundare to check out the giant sausage.

Quite the road side attraction 😏😏

We all met at the hotel and once we got checked in, the first thing the girls wanted to do was go swimming in the pool.
I got this little floatie thing for Eden so we finally tried it out, I think she liked it.

Freya is all about the slides lately.

Just a swimming.

After swimming we went out for supper.

She was just babbling away until I took my phone out to record then she was silent of course.
Another family came in with a baby and sat down at the table next to use and Eden and their baby girl were just babbling away to each other.
It was so cute.

Eden, Haylee, Freya and Kody.

Zepplyn, Eden and Haylee.

Crystal and I.

I had a salad with a chicken breast cut up on it.

She'd decided that she doesn't like the texture of mashed potatoes anymore.

Back at the hotel room the girls tried on their costumes for tomorrow.

I picked up double sided tape too for the Elf ears to see if it would help keep them on so we tried that out and it did seem to work.

I think they both look great.

When I left their room and headed to mine I figured I'd work on my blog a bit.
I had a whole room with two beds all to myself.
But just as I got myself all set up to start blogging there was a knock on my door.
It was Kody and Freya - she wanted to stay in my room with me so my blogging plans went down the tube but that's ok - I'd much rather spend time with my Freya.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment