Wednesday 17 July 2024

Dusted off the Kayaks (July 9, 2024)

I was looking through my personal email for something (I rarely look at it) and noticed that I had this weekly Summary sent to me from Fitbit which was kind of neat so I thought I'd share.

The weight loss box is wrong because I don't update my weight on it but seeing all those other stats together is kind of cool.

Wonder what it would look like after a week of us being on vacation with all the walking we normally do.

I'll have to watch for it.

I got out for a walk in the nice weather this morning.
I haven't heard much on the bears around town lately so I'm hoping they've moved on.

At lunch I did a full body weight training workout.
I've done it a couple times now.
I made a tracker sheet for myself so I could write down what weights I used and how many sets/reps I'm doing each time.
I bumped the weight I used up from 8 lbs to 10 lbs today and it went well.
A couple of the last exercises I did were tough.

After work we took our kayaks out to Christine Lake.
It's only the second time we've used them since we got them about 2 - 3 years ago and I just had to have them.

It's a huge lake and it's really pretty.

I didn't take my phone out with me to take pictures but Jason took his so I only have shots of me.

It was a gorgeous evening for it - there were lots of bugs by the boat launch when we were getting out onto the water but once we got out on the lake they totally left us alone.

It was so quiet and peaceful.
I am so grateful that we live so close to so many beautiful spots.

We really enjoyed it and were glad that we went and we are going to make a point of going out more often.
There are still other lakes out here to explore and we got kayak holders for our roof rack so we can take them on the road with us now.

We just took them in the truck tonight though because the roads we had to drive on weren't really fit for a car.

We bumped along the dirt roads with the windows wide open and the breeze blowing through, holding hands and just enjoying the whole experience, not just the kayaking but the driving too.
It was wonderful.

Well Fitbit has gone and gotten rid of their dashboard on the PC, the app is all that is available now.
At least it still shows my total steps for the day.
I got my 14,000 plus some.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment