Sunday 28 July 2024

City Trip and Thrift Haul (July 26, 2024)

Kody needs some new tires and Jason found some second hand ones at a place in the city so I was going to go in and pick them up for him.

I had wanted to get on the road early but Freya spent the night and we went to bed late so I wanted to let her sleep in.

She wanted to come with me but I think she would have been bored so I convinced her to go home - Haylee was taking the girls to Rita's today so Freya was good with that.

I switched vehicles with my brother so I could take his truck in case I didn't have room in my car and I did a few errands in town before leaving then just as I was about to leave, the tire shop called me.
Turns out the tires are actually in Calgary and they can ship them up but they won't be here until Monday.

I decided to go to the city anyway but I did take my brother his truck back and just took my car.
I planned on exchanging the stroller with the missing wheel while I was there and I had to return something at the Italian Market for Jason as well.

I decided to do some thrift shopping so stopped at the second hand store in Barrhead, then at the one in Westlock and finally at a Goodwill in the city and I got some good stuff.

Here's some of my haul.

I found this thread at Goodwill and even though I normally find their prices there outrageous for a second hand store, this thread was a good deal.
I got a quilted bedspread there as well for $20 which I thought was more than it should have been but I did get it because I have a few ideas of some things that I want to make with it.

I got a bunch of puzzles at the one in Westlock for dirt cheap.
It will be hard to stop myself from starting them right away.
I have a few things that I want to do first then I may reward myself with the pleasure of doing one.

I have a plan for this - I think I'll use the IOD Christmas tree mould on it.
It's hard finding actual wooden frames so I thought it was a good find.

I found this lamp that I was going to add some Christmas decor too and then possibly sell but now that I've looked closer at it, I think I want to keep it.
It needs some cleaning up but that's ok, it even works.

When I got home from the city, I was about to hop on the treadmill but Nadine called and wanted to come over for a visit so my workout got pushed back.
We had a nice visit - it was nice to catch up.

 

I did still do my workout - it was after 8:30 by the time I started but I wanted to get it done.

I did a speed workout, started at 4.0 and worked my way up to 6.0.

It felt really great today - I felt strong.

After Jason made us smoothies for a snack.
So refreshing.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment