Saturday 27 July 2024

Collecting Stickers (July 14, 2024)

Well our lovely weekend has come to an end and we are heading home today.

Jason was busy at work this morning - he made pizzas for the guys for lunch. 

Kody and Haylee were in a rush to get home but Crystal and I decided to stop by and check out the giant Easter egg in Vegreville.
Freya wanted to ride with Crystal and Zepplyn so I was by myself which was fine.

The Vegrevill Pysanka.

I got there before them and I needed some steps and there was a little park around the egg so I decided to just get some steps in.

It was grey and a little drizzly but otherwise nice.

The drizzle actually felt nice.

It was a nice park, it had a little bridge that crossed over a river/creek.

They really embrace the Ukrainian culture here.

By the time Crystal and the girls showed up, the rain cleared up and the sun came out.

They have a train there on display in the park that the girls wanted to check out.

It is pretty high up off of the ground.

Testing out the chairs in the observation deck.

Zepplyn.

Posing in front of the pysanka.

Crystal and the girls take a pysanka selfie.

There is a Go East of Edmonton tour book and you can collect stickers from different towns then once you get the all, you can send it in to win prizes so we collected our sticker in Vegreville.

There were a couple more towns on our way that had stickers as well so we stopped in Mundare and got one, then we stopped in at the Ukrainian Village to get one there.

We had to pay to get in the gates so we figured we'd walk around and explore a bit.

They have buggy's pulled around by horses.

Stopping to smell the flowers.

Grain elevator.

Ukrainian Church.

Sitting on the porch.

Freya found a friend - she carried it around with her for quite some time before we convinced her to let him go.

Next we stopped at the trampoline park in Edmonton.

It's nice to get out and be active after the long drive from Vegreville.

Doing some flips.

Got some good air.

I went out and jumped with them a bit myself - it's more work than you think.

They moved over to the jungle gym to play for a bit.

I decided to leave from there and head home as I had a few things that I wanted to do when I got there.
It was a great weekend.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment