Sunday 19 November 2023

Saying Good-Bye is Never Easy (Nov.11, 2023)

 We were off to the city this morning.

I have a  mile run on the schedule for tomorrow but it is supposed to be super nice today so I decided to do it today and I wanted to do it in the city just for a change of scenery.

The sky was looking absolutely stunning again this morning.

Isn't that amazing?

It was so gorgeous that we pulled over and got out of the car to take some pictures.

We parked at the St Albert Mall and ran the trail there along the river.
Jason ran too but he's way faster so I pretty much lost sight of him as soon as we got started.

I took a Cliff bar with me and had a bite of it every 5 songs or so.
It's good that I did - I don't think I would have been able to finish if I hadn't,
I was petering out around the 12th km put I just pushed myself to keep going.

The exercise details.

The last couple of km's were super hard.
I was trying to not look at my fitbit because that just seemed to slow time down.
I looked at it at 16.38 km and I so wanted to quit and I only had .62 left to go.
If it had been a hill I would NOT have been able to finish but luckily that was not the case and I hobbled in a super slow finish but hey, doesn't matter how slow you go, just finishing is an accomplishment

I was sooooo happy to be done.

Jason was still running and I was soaked so I took my clothes into the bathroom in the mall and changed.
Jason met me in there and we did a bit of shopping.

I found a couple of cute stockings in Winners and thought I'd pick one up for Eden.

So I sent Haylee pictures to see which one she liked best.
She chose option 1 so that's what I got.

Bonnie, Nadine and Shennelle had all come into the city for the day as well and they were doing some shopping.
They were in the St Albert Mall so I met them at Ricki's - they were doing some shopping for Christmas party outfits.

We left there and headed over to FabricLand but it was closed unfortunately.
So then we went for supper.

We went to the Thirsty Rooster in St Albert.

The girls.

Jason and I.

I had a burger as a treat for completing a super long run today - it's the longest run I've done in a while.

After we ate, we made one stop then headed to the hotel.
We got there at 7 and just spent the night in the room relaxing - it was nice.

It was a sad day for Morgan.
Asia had a lump growing kind of in her armpit and she had it removed once but it's back.
So she took her to the vet this morning because she hasn't been doing well the last week or so.

He said he could do the surgery but the lump would just come back likely bigger and faster and so she made the decision to put her down.

Morgan was so upset of course - Asia was her girl.

She lived a good life though and she was spoiled rotten.

She was such a good little dog.

Awww.

Even though it was tough, I think she made the right decision - sometimes we keep our pets around more for us than for them.
It's a hard thing to lose a pet though - one of the toughest actually but she had a good long life so that's a bit of a consolation.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment