Saturday 25 November 2023

17.2k Run and Cookies with the Kiddos (Nov.19, 2023)

I had to run 11 miles today (17.6k) and luckily it turned out to be a nice day so I was able to get outside for it.
Freya had spent the night and she didn't really want to go home so that I could go for my run but I promised her that she could come back later so eventually she agreed.

I decided on a route and got going.
It started off ok, about 5k in I had to head back to my house to use the washroom so my route got a little side tracked but I headed back out and got back on track.
I had a fibre one bar with me and I was having a bite of it every 5 songs or so but by the 10th km I was feeling really tuckered out and I was getting a blister on my foot.

I kept going albeit very slowly but by the 11th km I decided to head home and change my shoes because I was close by.
The first 11k of my run today.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I felt like I was going much slower to be honest.

Back to the house after finishing 11k.

I changed my shoes and had some water and then I decided that I didn't want to go back outside, instead I decided to hop on the treadmill to finish up the last 7 k  that I needed to do.

It took me FOREVER.
I was really struggling.
I had to stop to use the washroom a few times, 
I also needed to stop and stretch my back because it was hurting.
I also changed my shoes again and went upstairs to get water a couple times.
It took me WAY longer than it should have but eventually I finished and I was so happy that it was done.

I was so happy to be done but I was exhausted.

I rested for a bit then I had a nice bath.
Then I called to see if Freya wanted to come back since I'd promised her that she could.

She was over at Crystal's but did want to come and Zepplyn wanted to come too so Randie brought them over and dropped them off. 
As soon as she came in, Freya started asking for Hunter so I called to see if he and Alivia wanted to come over for a bit.
Adrien said he'd bring them by after supper.

I'd promised we could do a craft of some kind or maybe make cookies - they opted for the cookies so I made a gingerbread recipe that I found that was good for cutting shapes with and the girls got busy.

Kids just love doing stuff like this and even though I was wiped out, I'm glad I did it with them.
Once I got up and got going it wasn't so bad.

She was using ALL of the cookie cutters.

We got those cookies in the oven then when Alivia and Hunter arrived, I made a salt dough so they could all make some ornaments.

The dough was really tough, the kids had a bit of a hard time rolling it out but they did manage.

She is obsessed with baby bottles.
She saw I had a bottle cookie cutter and that's the only one I wanted to use.

Hunter was on a tight schedule.
As soon as he came in he told me that he could only stay for an hour because he wanted to get home to play his virtual reality game he just got.
He's so funny.

Alivia is growing up and doesn't always want to come over and do stuff like this anymore so I was really glad that she came.
She made a bunch of feet for her friends.

The ginger cookies that the girls made.
Zepplyn said she didn't like ginger but she ended up loving the cookies and took the ones she made home with her.

The salt dough ornaments had to go in the oven for 90 minutes and the kids couldn't stay that late because they had school in the morning so I said they could come back another day to paint them.

The school posted some pictures on their Facebook page and it's Zepply and Hunter's class with the pumpkins they carved so I had to share.

Saw some cute Christmas craft ideas.
I've been in a crafting mood lately so might get to making a few things this week hopefully.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment