Monday 22 February 2021

Dentist Then Double Treat Day (Feb.18, 2021)

 It's my Friday!

I took tomorrow off so that Jason and I could head into the city today and I also took the afternoon off today for a dentist appointment this afternoon.

I did want to get some steps in before we left so I hopped on the treadmill for a quick jog this morning.

I did the 1 minute jog, 1 minute walk pattern and I got a pretty good little work out in.

I had two hour long meetings this morning so work just flew by.
I had to rush to grab a shower so we could hit the road for me to make it to my dentist appointment in time.

I had a routine check up and a cleaning today.
I love getting my teeth cleaned, they always feel so good afterwards.

I was feeling really good today about my appearance - losing weight has really boosted my self esteem.

After the dentist - we headed to the city.
Jason had picked up watermelon, pineapple and sliced deli turkey for us to snack on while we drove.
We knew we were going for a treat tonight so we wanted to be careful about our point consumption.

Our first stop when we hit the city was to QE Home,
I needed to pick up a duvet set I had ordered and exchange another duvet set I had purchased.
I had ordered the duvet set online so I wasn't sure how it was going to look in person.
I liked it though - we have a lot of blue in the house already and I want to change to something more springy.

The pattern is called Evening Leaf and I like it.

I had picked up this duvet set last time we were in the city, the pattern on this one is called Brentwood.
I thought I really liked it until we got it home and I realized how grey it was.
I know grey is really in right now but I'm over it myself.
I would have just returned it but it was exchange only so I got a new duvet.
It was expensive but both Jason and I really like the feel of it.
Can't wait to get it all on the bed.

We made a few other stops then headed across the river for some supper.
We were trying to decide between tacos or pizza and the places we wanted to try out were pretty much right beside each other so ultimately decided to do both.

We went to the taco place first, Tacos El Nido.

This is the menu.

It was the Birria tacos that we wanted to try.
We just got one order to share.

Waiting for our food to come.

The taco was pretty good.

It came with dipping sauce and salsa on the side which was kind of on the spicy side for me.
The tacos were good, we liked them.
The owner was there and he was super friendly.
They also do bubble tea drinks and ramen which we told them we would be back to try  (and we will).

So after the tacos, we ordered a pizza.
Jason saw this place on Instagram and has been wanting to try it.

We ordered two 14' pizzas, the Double Pep.

Doesn't it look delicious.
It kind of has that curled pepperoni like Prince St - it was a little greasy but delicious.
The crust was soft, chewy and crispy - so so good.

We also ordered the Marzano.

The capers were an unusual addition for us but I really like them.
It was take out or delivery only (but our hotel was too far away for delivery) so we picked them up and sat in the truck to eat them.
We wanted to taste them while they were hot.
So glad we tried it out.
We both agree that it's the best pizza we've had in Edmonton thus far.

I had a slice of each and I was pretty full.

It was still early in the evening so we headed to Costco to pick up a few things before heading to our hotel to check in.

I took my selfies when we got to the hotel room.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment