Thursday 5 August 2021

Barrhead Trip To Pick Up A Truck (Aug.4, 2021)

It was another gorgeous day here in the hills.

I got out this morning for a walk to the road.

Just look at the sunshine on my shoulder - love it!
The air conditioning is on in the office so I was freezing and the warmth of that sunshine sure felt nice.

The smoke has dissipated too so the sky was nice and clear.

Jason sent me this picture of Freya playing in the dresser drawers this morning.

He said she was a little upset when she woke up and realized that I wasn't there but he got her a bubba and they called me on video chat and then she felt better.

It was nice to have a little chat with them while I was on my walk.

My cousin posted this picture of my Grandma's house which she was just staying at.
I hope I get to stay there again someday.

My Uncle has it on the market and a few of us in the family are looking into getting together and buying it so it stays in the family - hopefully our plan comes together and that happens.

I would hate to see it go.

My Great Grandfather built it himself and my Grandfather lived in it his whole entire life.
I have a lot of wonderful memories wrapped up in this place!

I heard a new song on the way home for lunch that I really liked.
Not sure if it's a new release or just new to me.
Dua Lipa has a lot of songs that I like.

I changed into my running clothes really quickly when I got home at lunch and headed out for a run.
Jason and Freya headed out at the same time to go to the park and I said I would meet them there.

I figured if I did my regular route but then stopped at the park it should be right around the 5k mark and as you can see, I was pretty bang on with that prediction.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits were pretty good.

I couldn't stay at the park long though, I had to get back to work.

I had to go to Barrhead to pick up a work truck from the dealership there as I need to use it next week to go do some training at another office.

So Jason drove me and Freya came with us.

Kody was working and Haylee had ball.

She fell asleep before we even hit the highway.

I stopped at a local jewellery store to drop off a pocket knife for one of our foreman to be engraved.

Then we went for a walk down the street and found that the flower shop had a little cafe and they sold ice cream.

I got the monster cookie ice cream and Freya wanted 'black' ice cream which is what she calls chocolate ice cream.
She actually ate all of it, I was amazed.

I wanted to take her picture and she was just being so silly.

She's such a little character.

We walked around a bit, stopped at the Red Apple store then we decided to get some supper.
We went to Leals & Teals.

A fellow Jason used to work with was there with his wife and friends having a birthday dinner.
David used to work with a chemical company and we've known him for years but he retired a couple years ago now so it was nice to see him and catch up a bit.

I ordered a quesadilla with a side of Greek salad and it was pretty good.

The waitress got after Freya about bending her menu and Freya was not impressed.
She told her too, "I'm mad at you" - her famous saying.

She was mad at Jason and I too.

It really hurts her feelings when someone talks to her sternly or gets her in trouble.

We thought she would cool off and be friendly to her after a couple minutes but she absolutely did not.

She held that grudge against her for the whole meal.
The waitress apologized and was being extra nice but Freya would not budge.

She's normally a little social butterfly and so happy and friendly to everyone she meets but she sure wasn't feeling that about our waitress.

She did come around with us before the end of dinner and was her little social butterfly self with the other table of diners and had to go over to say hi to them.

Jason did finally convince her to say Thank You to the waitress when they went in to pay for our meal so that was good.

We were trying to teach her that it's ok to be mad and we understood that her feelings were hurt but that it isn't ok to be rude to people.

Not sure if it sank in or not but she is only 2.

We took the truck through the car wash and it was Freya's first time.
She was a bit concerned about going into the 'washing machine' at first but then I think she enjoyed it.

After we finished everything we needed to do in Barrhead, I hopped into the work truck to drive it home and Freya and Jason drove our truck home.

They drove in front of me and I could see Jason's head bobbing around and his hands going like he was dancing and singing and entertaining her.

When we got back to the house, she wanted a bath so I ran her one and Jason headed out for a late run.

She was only in the bath for a few minutes then she wanted to get out and have a bubba.
Kody came and got her not much later.

They are heading to Barrhead tomorrow for Haylee's grandparents anniversary celebration and they'll be lots of cousins there for Freya to play with so she'll have fun.

Hopefully they get home not too late tomorrow night so I can see her before we head out on Friday because I'll be gone for almost a whole week and I'll miss her terribly.

I was falling asleep on the couch when Jason got back from his run so I headed off to bed.
I'm hoping to get up and go out for a run before work in the morning.

We'll see what happens.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment