Wednesday 11 August 2021

Out and About in Chetwynd (Aug.7, 2021)

We got up this morning, got ready and headed out for a run first thing.

Ended up doing 7k.
Felt pretty good.

I like how it shows the km markers on the app, not sure why it doesn't show that on the dashboard on the computer?

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I felt pretty good about it - there were a couple uphill sections so I think I did awesome!

I like the way the splits show up on my phone way better than how they show up on the Fitbit dashboard on the computer.

 
Sweaty selfie.
Runs done, now we can go enjoy the rest of our day.

We went back to the hotel and grabbed some breakfast.

Then we changed and headed out to check out at all the little stores around town.

We'd buy stuff at one shop, drop it off to the truck then head to the next store for more then back to the truck again for a truck drop.

There is a Field's store in town that had Amazon stuff (returns I think) for sale.

We ended up finding two sink fixtures for around $50 each.

A chrome one that I want to put in our en suite bathroom and then a black one that I want to put in the basement bathroom.

What a lucky find!

That was kind of how we spent our whole morning.

Of course there were lots of carvings to see on our travels around the town.

Dragon Slayer.

Aliens and UFO's.

Turtle with a whole village on his back.
Not sure of the significance but I liked it.

Jason has such an eye for things.

This motel was right next to our hotel.

It was so creepy looking.

We stopped at the Home Hardware to look for bathroom remodel stuff and found these cool vinyl floor tiles.

There were a few patterns but this is the one that we both liked the most.

Jason is going to measure the bathroom when he goes home to find out how many we need then I'm going to go back and pick them up.

They also had this vanity that I loved, it was a great price too but it had three holes cut in the counter for the faucet fixture and the black one we just picked up only requires one hole.

Guess we'll keep on looking.

There was a second hand furniture store in town that we checked out too.

The prices seemed pretty good.

I was considering buying this little vanity as I've always wanted one but in the end decided against it.

The little shop next to the furniture/feed store sold ice cream so you know we had to have some of that.

I chose two kinds, both had chocolate and caramel and one even had chocolate covered peanuts.
I forget the actual flavors but both were delicious.

Jason had 'old people' flavors - rum raisin and cherry custard.

Then we headed over to the RiverHouse Restaurant for some lunch.

Just waiting for our food.

We waited a LONG time.

Several tables came in after us, got there food and left and we still didn't have our food.

All we ordered was soup and sandwiches so I'm not sure what took so long.

Honestly I think our waitress forgot to put our order in.

It did finally show up.
We got the beef dip with creamy chicken vegetable soup.

The beef deep looked good and it was.

In fact, it's one of the best beef dips I've ever had.

We also got the chicken club.

Doesn't that look fabulous?
I had a pretty fatty piece of bacon on my half but aside from that, it was really good.

After we ate, we got our bikes out and went for a bike ride.
It was cloudy and it was raining but it was just a light drizzle so it wasn't too bad to bike in.

We just explored some of the residential sections in town.

There are some really nice places here.

Stopping here and there along the way to look at more of the carvings we happened upon.

I love this one - the hippo and the rhino hugging.

The trail along the main road was all lit up, it was so pretty.

Biking selfie.

We saw a deer along the way on our ride, Jason stopped and took a picture.

His Instagram post for the day.

When we got back to the hotel, I noticed that I had all kinds of dirt kicked up on the back of my jacket from our bike ride.

I thought that wouldn't happen with the fender installed so I was surprised.

I tried to clean it by hand but it didn't work.
Hopefully I'm able to get the stains out when I get back home.

We both forgot to turn on the GPS tracker when we first left on our bike ride so I think we actually did about 15k but not too shabby.

We walked over to this restaurant in town called Links Pub & Grill for some supper but it was more like a bar so we decided we didn't want to sit in there to eat.

Instead, we called and ordered pizza from Joe's again because we'd enjoyed it so much last night and walked over there to pick it up.

We tried to different kinds than what we'd had last night.

This is the donair pizza.

We also tried the meat lovers.
Their pizza's could use a bit more sauce but aside from that, they are delicious.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment