Monday 16 August 2021

Procrastination Pro! (Aug.15, 2021)

I had a really nice sleep in this morning.

I've been having so much trouble trying to fall asleep lately - I'm not sure why.

I think my mind is just racing when I go to bed thinking of things I need to do and it keeps me up.

It was quite late when I finally fell asleep last night so the sleep in felt good. 

While I was sleeping in, Jason was cooking up a storm at work.
He made meatloaf and scalloped potatoes for the guys at work today.

He also made a blueberry cheesecake crumble.
His own invention.
Looks pretty good.

I didn't run at all the last three days so I wanted to make sure I got out there for one today and I was hoping I could do a long one, at least 10 k.

I was really procrastinating though.
I watched a few episodes of Season 2 of Modern Love.
They are just a bunch of short stories with love as the theme.
I watched the first season and I liked it.

Morgan called around 10:30 and asked if I'd take her to Subway so I did.
Tanner is in NS and was supposed to fly home today but his flight was cancelled and Air Canada couldn't get him on another flight until 5 days from now.
Isn't that incredible - 5 days.
So she was a little bummed, she was really looking forward to him coming home.

I ordered myself a sub too for lunch/supper today since Jason is having his bbq at work.

It was raining a bit out so I decided to wait to see if it would stop - basically just procrastinating even more.

Finally just after 2 pm I hit the pavement.
I ended up doing 14k.

I considered doing 15 but just didn't have the fuel in me for it.
I feel good about 14 though.

My exercise details.

I honestly thought I was going a bit faster than this but I'll take it.

Sweaty selfie - front view.
That smile is sheer joy that I finally went out and got the run done!

Side view.

Back view.

I went and soaked in a nice hot bath for a bit when I got home.

I was perusing social media and saw this DIY tutorial for these neat pumpkins on Pinterest.
I really like them, think I'll get Jason to cut out a few for me (or show me how to use the jigsaw so I can cut them out myself).

Kody brought Freya up for a visit after supper.

She DID NOT want to smile for a selfie with me.

She just wanted to watch You Tube on Papa's phone (he has an old one we use for that).

There is a bit of a smile!
She is still congested but coughing a lot - hopefully that is helping to break it up for her.

She told me the story again about how Papa made her sick.
Ha ha.
She's not going to let him forget about that!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment