Monday 16 August 2021

Knotty Situation and Happy Birthday Haylee (Aug.14, 2021)

 I kind of wanted to avoid the scale because I felt like I'd put on about 10 pounds over the last week.


But I also wanted to face the music and get back on track so I hopped on this morning just to see where I was at.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

I won't officially track it - I'll do that with my Monday weigh in but this was just for a reality check.

Miss Freya had quite the knotty situation going on in her hair this morning.

I convinced her to let me brush it out by showing her this picture of it.

She doesn't like me brushing her hair of course but I'd hate to see her have to get it cut off.

It took me a bit but I got it done.

I bought some balloons to take with us on our trip next week as we are going to be there over Freya's birthday and she found them so she immediately opened them and tried blowing them up.

Today was Haylee's birthday so I tried to get her to make a birthday message for her Mama.
She was looking every where but the camera.

I called this take two but it was actually take 4.
I figured it was as good as it was going to get so we went with it.

When it was time to go home, she didn't want Kody to come and get her, she wanted to walk.

So off we went.
She wanted to check out the bear statues in the town center.

She was fascinated by the fish in the one bears mouth.

She loved the big one.

Had to reach her arms around as far as she could and give him a great big hug.
We stopped at the store and she picked out a cake for Mommy.

She helped me put the candles in when we got to her place and we sang Happy Birthday to Haylee and Freya helped her blow the candles out.

Nadine had invited me out to dinner in Slave Lake for Karl's birthday at 5 today and I really wanted to be on the road by 3:30.

After I dropped off Freya, walked home, showered and got ready, it was closer to 4 when I left but I still made it there just after 5 pm.

Wore a new shirt I recently bought for myself.
I liked how it looked so figured I'd take a couple selfies in it.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

We met at Mr. Mike's in Slave Lake for supper.

Bonnie and Jun.

The birthday boy, Karl, Nadine and me.

I ordered a steak sandwich.
It was just ok.
I only ate half of it because I saw they had sticky toffee pudding on the menu and I wanted to order it for dessert.

It came out with two slices for a serving, I only ate one though and gave the other to Karl.
One was enough to satisfy my craving.

After supper, we went back to Bonnie's lake lot to visit for a bit.

It was her brother's girlfriends birthday and there was a party going on so we actually hung out over there.

We helped decorate a bit when we got there 

Then it was time for cake.

And Happy Birthday - we sang it twice, once for each cake, ha ha.

Kayla (Bonnie's daughter) had ordered two of them because she was expecting so many people.
Morgan actually made one of them so I had to try it out.
It was really good - I had 2 bites.

This is the cake Morgan made - turned out pretty good.

She also had a huge order for chocolate and lemon cupcakes that she made this weekend.

And she made these darling little llama cupcakes.
So far, she's been pretty busy with it, I hope it keeps up for her.

I'm hoping to find some cake and/or cookie decorating classes that she and I can go take together in the fall.

I stayed until about 10 visiting.
It was nice - it's been a long time since we've had a chance to just hang out with each other due to Covid so I enjoyed myself.

I likely would have stayed longer but I had an hour's drive to get home and I don't love driving in the dark, there are a lot of animals on the highways here and my eyesight at night isn't the best.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment