Tuesday 3 August 2021

I'm Pooped but I Got a 20k Run in the Books ! (Aug.2, 2021)

Weigh in Day. 

I was 181.8 lbs.

That's down 3.2 since last weigh in but still up from my lowest.
I'm working on it though.
I did a lot better at tracking this week but still missed a few days.
My goal this week is to not miss any days at all.

I spent the morning watching the last season of Atypical.
I kind of stumbled upon this show last year when I was doing all the walking on my treadmill and I really liked it.
I'm sad it's over - the last episode really got me teared up but happy tears.
I'm going to miss the characters.

Jason cooked himself up a feast of shrimp at work this morning.
Looks delicious.

I wanted to get out for a run earlier than I did today but finally after finishing off Atypical, I got my butt in gear and headed out.

I wanted to get a long run in today, I was thinking about 15k when I left.

Of course it started raining when I headed out but it was just a light drizzly rain so it actually felt pretty good.

Then as I was running, I realized that 16k was my longest so far and I wanted to at least go further than that.
Once I hit the 16 mark, I kind of convinced myself to go 18 and then that got bumped up to 20.
It's all this dialogue that goes on in my head while I am running.
20k just seemed like a nice round number to try to do and I was feeling really great on the run.

Then somewhere between 17k and 18k, I just felt like I didn't have any more fuel in the tank.
I slowed right down, I felt like I was barley moving and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

I had already decided in my mind that I was going to do 20 though so I pushed myself and did it.

It was super hard but I was super proud of myself when I was done.

The exercise details.

You can see the last few kms were much slower and brought my overall average pace down but I don't care, I did it and that is the main thing.

I was so thirsty when I stopped running and I felt like I was going to fall over (I didn't).
I gulped down some water as soon as I got home then had a banana and some chocolate hummus.
My legs were like jello and I pretty much decided that I would be resting up for the remainder of the day.

I took a couple of sweaty selfies.
Between the sweat and the rain, I was pretty wet when I got home.
Front view.

Side view.

Then I peeled off my wet clothes and jumped in a nice hot bath.
I stayed in there for a long time.

We heard rumors that someone had been attacked by a grizzly in the area and today we saw the news story that confirmed it.
It was actually a black bear, not a grizzly.
She worked for a helicopter company that picked up and dropped off tree planters out in remote areas.
She got off the helicopter apparently and was mauled, witnesses got her away from the bear and flew her to the hospital here in town but she was pronounced dead upon arrival.
How devastating, she was only 26.

Bear mauling's don't happen very often but when they do, it's a stark reminder that we do live in bear country and we should always be aware of that.

I know myself that I'm going to be hyper alert when I'm out running or biking on the highway.
They've even come into town too so I just need to be alert.

I did spend the rest of the day doing not much of anything.
Jason brought home some left over meat and that is what I had for supper.

It's back to work at the office tomorrow - it's going to be weird, I've been working from home since September.
I'm looking forward to it though - it will be nice to get back to 'normal'.

Today is my nephew Declan's birthday.
I called to wish him a Happy birthday but he wasn't with my sister so I'll have to try again tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment