Monday 16 August 2021

Thrift Shopping (Aug.13, 2021)

 I wanted to get up early and head out for a run this morning before heading to the city but I just couldn't make myself get out of bed to go do it.

As it was, I wanted to leave at 8 but I wasn't ready until 8:30.

I picked up Morgan and we headed into the city.

Our plan was to do some thrift shopping for toys for her day home then to also hit up Ikea for some kiddie tables and shelving.

We stopped at the second hand store in Barrhead and got some amazing deals.

The back of the car was almost full and we hadn't even made it to the city yet.

We checked out a few second hand stores in Stony Plain and got a few things at each place.

The last place we checked out ended up not having any toys, just ladies clothing and accessories but I did find this awesome purse.

I've been on the hunt for one every since the one I got in Miami 4 years ago broke on me but I wasn't having any luck.

This one caught my eye as soon as I saw it  - I love the color.
It was $50.00 and it's just like new so I was pretty stoked about that.

Ikea ended up being all out of all the things that Morgan wanted so that ended up being a bust.
So we left there kind of disappointed.

We hadn't eaten so we stopped for something to eat.
Morgan has never tried ramen before so I took her to Kozoku to try it.

Moi.

We had some edamame.

Pork Gyoza.

And the main event, black tonkotsu ramen.
So good - I almost finished the whole bowl and I was stuffed!
I don't think Morgan was crazy about it but she liked it ok.

We stopped at Costco and I saw this kitty calendar - OMG - this kitty in the duck costume is so dang cute!
I ended up finding a footstool at Homesense which was awesome, I've had it on my radar to get one for a bit now.

We could barely see out of the back window for the drive home so I'd say that was a successful trip.
We got home a bit later than expected but we had a good day.

Jason had went and picked Freya up when he got home from work so she could sleep over tonight.
She helped him water the plants.

I guess the other day when she was first feeling unwell, Jason had gone over for a visit and brought her a chocolate bar.

She ate it, did a bunch of running around in the yard with the dogs then ended up power puking several times.

So now she had it in her head that it's Papa's fault that she's sick because he gave her the chocolate and she was telling me so when I got home.
"Papa made me sick".
I thought that was kind of funny.

She is still congested and coughing - I hope she's feeling better in time for our trip to BC next week.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment