Thursday 12 August 2021

My Last Run In Chetwynd (Aug.11, 2021)

I had bacon for breakfast again and I enjoyed every single salty slice!

I ate it while I walked over to the office.

I picked up a salad mix for lunch and ate the rest of the roast chicken from my supper last night with it.

The girls in the office all sat in the lunch room together and chatted - it's nice actually being with people at work again!

After work, I munched on some trail mix before heading out for my run.

I was all over the place with how far I wanted to run today.

At first I was thinking 5k would do, then that switched to 10k then while I was running I wasn't feeling the best (likely due to eating that trail mix so close to my run) so I talked myself into just doing 8k.

 

In the end, I ended up doing 7k.

Right around the 6.5k mark I suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom and I just couldn't physically run anymore so I had to stop and walk.



The exercise details.

You can see how much I slowed down that last km - I was struggling.

It was ok though because I wanted to take pictures of all the wood carvings I've been seeing that last few days on my runs.

I wouldn't stop to take pictures while I was running so today was my chance.
I think this is meant to be Tinkerbell.

The carver is from Ontario, Canada.

A monk.

I'm going to miss these nice views on my runs.

It was a clear, gorgeous, hot, sunny day out there today.
Beautiful for a walk or a run.

I like the dragon ones.

This carver is from Japan.

I think this is a little farmer guy on a fence.

The carver of this one is from right here in Chetwynd.

Bull Rider - so cool.
I saw a few carvings that were all painted and I think I prefer them without the colors although in the case of this one - I think the paint makes it pop - I really like it.

This carver is from Nanaimo, BC.

More wildlife - a favorite subject for these carvings.

Dolphins.

Love this little guy graffitied on the bridge.

Part of the trail I've been running every day.

You know, I'm not even really sure what this is.

This one was right by the skate park.

As was this one.
"Skate your heart out!"

The mermaid and the dolphin.

An octopus.
All of these marine themed ones were on display outside of the rec center in town where the pool is which was fitting.

I just loved this octopus on.

Look at the details on the suckers on the tentacles.

Just Wow!

The artist is from Oregon and looks like it won for People's Choice and I completely agree.

The dark side.

And the light side.
These are the two sides of the same carving.
Pretty cool.

Transformer looking guy.
There is just such a variety - it's amazing.

Creepy dragon/devil kind of thing.

I love this fawn.

This one is right in front of the hotel.

When I got back to the room, I called Links Pub & Grill and ordered myself some supper.

I was feeling kind of over salads so I opted to order a quesadilla instead.
They had a few kinds to chose from, I went with the chicken/mushroom one.

They told me it would be about 25 min so I took a few things down to the truck that I wouldn't be needing tonight so my load wouldn't be as big tomorrow then I hopped in the truck and went for a drive around town.

I passed this guy on my way up into a residential area and when I came back down, he was still there so I pulled over to take his picture.

I was afraid I was going to spook him but I didn't.
I was able to just stay there for a few minutes watching him and he wasn't concerned at all with me being so close - he was beautiful.

I went and picked up my supper.
They were just slammed in there - she said it was wing night and it's always crazy in there.

The quesadilla was delicious.
I couldn't eat all of it, so I figure I'll have the rest for my lunch tomorrow along with this new kind of salad I saw at the store today and just had to buy to try.

Salt and Vinegar salad.
Sounds so good - honestly, I think it's the chips part that sounds good to me.

I also wanted a sweet treat so I bought myself a little tub of ice cream.
I knew whatever I didn't finish I'd have to throw away because I had no freezer to keep it in but that wasn't an issue at all because I ate the whole thing!

It was pretty good too.

I've really enjoyed my stay here in Chetwynd but I am looking forward to going home tomorrow and seeing Jason and having a bath and sleeping in my own bed.

There is a tub in my hotel room but I can't bring myself to have a bath in a hotel room - it kind of grosses me out so as soon as I get home tomorrow night, the bubbles are going to be flying!

I likely won't be fitting a run in tomorrow either, I've been having a hard time falling asleep so I'm too tired to get up early and I'll be travelling for about 6 hours in the vehicle.
I am going to make sure I get my 12,000 steps in but I'm going to take a rest from running tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment