Monday 16 August 2021

Last Day in Chetwynd - Home, Here I Come (Aug.12, 2021)

Today was my last day of training in Chetwynd.

I packed up my room this morning and hauled everything down to the truck.

Then I checked out and just walked over to the office, I figured I'd leave the truck parked at the hotel and just walk back to get it once I was done and ready to leave.

I was hoping to leave around 10 but ended up working right until lunch time.

 

I saw this new salad kit last night - I've never seen this flavor before so I picked it up to try.

Since I ended up having quesadilla's for supper, I had it for lunch today before I got on the road.
It was pretty good, heavy on the vinegar but I like that.

One last look at the view from my office this week.

After I finished my lunch, I decided to go for a bit of a walk to get some steps in so I didn't have to get so many later when I get home.
I walked across the street to have a look at some of the carvings over there that I hadn't gotten too.

Wolverine.

The sun was shining in behind them so it made it hard to get good pictures, they are kind of in shadows.

Giant eagle, from the side.

From the front.

I think this is a centaur.

Creepy skeleton guy.

Another eagle with a bear and a fish.

An alien looking guy.

The coal miner's lunch wagon.

A praying mantis.

Even all the signs here are carved.
I like this one for the airport.

It had a carved plane too.

A serpent.

A couple - they have very long torso's for some reason, especially her.

I passed this Medusa one several times but never stopped to take a picture.

The back of her head looked pretty cool.

This one was right in front of the hotel so I had one more look at it.
It is my very favorite one of all the ones that I saw.

Looks like the artist was from Oregon.

Just saw this on my walk, it reminded me of the moon - not exactly sure what it was.

There was a thrift store in Chetwynd that I checked out before I left and I ended up getting this giant tub of Mega Blocks for my niece, Morgan.
She is starting a day home so I thought it would be good for the kids.

It was 2 pm before I hit the road and it's about a 6 hour drive so it looks like I'll be getting home late.

I stopped at the Bay Tree General Store in Bay Tree and got myself a sandwich.
They make wonderful sandwiches.
I also got a soft serve ice cream with lemon on it.
It was pretty good.
I wasn't crazy about the lemon syrup but the ice cream was creamy and delicious.

Jason was over visiting Freya when I got to town so I walked down there to meet him.

What a cutie pie - I missed seeing her so much.

She picked up a bit of a cold so she wasn't feeling the best.
She was all congested and you could hear it in her voice.
We stayed for a bit of a visit then walked back home - I had to walk around the block to get the rest of my steps in for the day but I did it.

I took a few selfies when I got home even though I was feeling big when I got home.
I was kind of afraid to step on the scale - I didn't track at all this week.
I'm likely going to be up on Monday but no sense wallowing in it - I'll just get right back at it.

Side view.

Back view.

I was happy to be home - I miss Jason when I'm away from him and it was nice to be in my own bed again with him beside me!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment