Monday 30 August 2021

Rocky Mountain to Emerald Lake to Windermere (Aug.19, 2021)

Jason and I got up early and headed out for a run.

 

It was a little drizzly out there but perfect temps for running - the run felt really good.

Took some sweaty selfies when I got back to the room.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

I wanted to do 5k but got a little turned around and ended up doing 6.67k.
I felt really good though, I think I could have went even longer.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

I wanted to get a shower in but Jason went and got Freya and took her to the pool.

Crystal and Zepplyn were already in there and as soon as Zepp saw Jason, she wanted to swim with him.

Zepplyn is fearless in the water and loved going down the slide.
She went over and over.

Freya wanted to go down the slide as well but we didn't feel comfortable letting her go from the top.
So we put her on just at the bottom so she could slide a little and she thought that was great.

Then she just wanted to do that the rest of the time.

Having fun in the pool.

Jason convinced Freya to try out the hot tub.

I think she liked it.

They had it all to themselves and she just walked around and around.

Zepplyn preferred to stay in the pool at first.

But eventually decided to go join them by the hot tub.

She didn't actually get in, just sat long the edge and tried to convince them to come back to the pool.

Randy had gone in for a dip this morning already and I just went and watched the others in the pool after my shower.

We saw this Tow-Mater this morning when we went out for our run so we took the kids by so they could see it.

I thought it was pretty neat - I think they did too.

We made some plans for our trip.

Then we all jumped in our cars and headed out.
Ready for a road trip.

Saw some wildlife along the way.

It was kind of drizzly, rainy day.

We stopped at Saskatchewan Crossing to stretch our legs and have a bathroom break.

It's nestled in amongst the mountains so it's a pretty spot.

I got an $7.00 ice cream cone which was outrageous but he did give Freya an itty bitty kids cone for free.

Zepplyn.

Kody.

Selfie with Zepp.

Next stop was Emerald Lake.

Jason and I had been there about 7 years ago and I always wanted to go back ever since.

It was still as gorgeous as I remember but a lot more busy.

We walked up to the top where there are cabins, I would love to stay there sometime.

Freya and her Papa Randy.

Cute sign.

Just look at the color of that water!

My Honey!

Selfie with My Honey.

Kody, Haylee, Freya and Zepplyn.

Crystal, Randy and Zepplyn - what a nice family picture.

Tried to get one of us and the girls, took a few tries, this was the best we could manage.

Making silly faces.

Searching for cool looking rocks.

Crystal and Zepplyn hunting for rocks as well.

Another view of the restaurant there in Emerald Lake - what a setting.

She loves ditching her shoes.

And playing with dirt and rocks.

Little miss barefoot.

My boy.

The photos just don't do it justice.

Selfie.

Think she found some good ones.

She had to show them to us.

Checking out what Zepplyn found.

She was proud of what she found too.

Riding on Daddy's shoulders is the way to go.

This river that was running into Emerald Lake didn't have that same color as the lake but it was still beautiful.

The mountains in the background just add that extra something.

My sweet girl.

One last shot of the lake before heading back to the car.

I'm glad they all got a chance to see it.

We had another pit stop for a bathroom break and we threw rocks in the river and drew in the sand.

It was around 7 when we got to our vrbo (vacation rental by owner) in Windermere, BC.
It was quite easy to find and right by the lake.
I didn't take a picture tonight but I'll get one before we leave.

We were all hungry and we'd passed a new Mexican restaurant on the highway where we turned off so we decided to go back there for supper.

They were quite busy so we had a bit of a wait for our table and then for the food

Selfie with My Honey.

Then I realized that we had other people with us so I got Crystal to take a picture for us.

Randy and Crystal.

I liked the decor and how they had decorated some of the ceiling tiles.

Jason had enchiladas.

I just had nachos.

The food was just mediocre, I don't think I'd go back there to eat again honestly.

Back at our rental, you could see the lake from the back deck, it looked so beautiful even at dusk.

It was a nice evening so we took the girls down to the lake for a walk.

It was nice and cam.

We dipped our toes in the water a bit then headed back to our house.

I did take a picture of our house but it was in the evening so it isn't the best but there it is.

My stunning niece posted this gorgeous picture of herself - She could be a model!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment