Wednesday 25 August 2021

Vacation Has Begun! (Aug.18, 2021)

 Kody had to work this morning so I figured I might as well too.

It was a nice day out so I made sure to get out for a walk to the road.

Then I headed out around noon.

I wanted to get a run in before we headed out because I knew we'd be on the road most of the day.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I'm always so proud when I see my average in the 6's.

We got on the road at 2 pm which wasn't bad.

It was a gorgeous day out there for a drive.

We saw some beautiful scenery along the way, it was hard to get a good shot of it while we were on the move though.

We stopped at Walmart in Drayton Valley to get a few supplies and to pick up a few more little things for Freya.

Then it was on to Rocky Mountain House.
Kody, Haylee, Randy, Crystal, Zepplyn and Freya were all just finishing up their supper when we got there.

They headed to the pool so we got checked in and met them there.

Both girls just love the water.

Freya was with Grandma Crystal.

Zepplyn was with Haylee.
She is quite the little swimmer.
Both girls just love the water and would have stayed there all night if they could have.

After swimming, we found a place to go grab some supper.
We looked at a few menus and ultimately settled on Rocky's Donair because they had sticky toffee pudding on their menu.

It was quiet when we got there, big place.

We ordered a donair to share and a calzone.
Both were really good.

They had 50 flavors of ice cream so you know we had to have some of that too.
They were very generous with their portions.
We also ordered the sticky toffee pudding but we were both too stuffed to eat it so we took it back to the room and we'll eat it tomorrow.

We are going to get up early and get a run in then we'll carry on to our VRBO in Windermere tomorrow and Rita and Lloyd are going to meet us there.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment