Wednesday 11 August 2021

Another Day of Training in Chetwynd (Aug.10, 2021)

 I was hoping that I'd have the energy to get out of bed early this morning and go for a run but that didn't happen.

I decided to wear my new flowered top to work today.
I just love it so I had to take some selfies.

Side view.

Back view.

They have a hot breakfast at the hotel which includes eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes and a few other things.
I cannot resist bacon (well maybe I can but I don't want to).
I put some in a bowl and munched on it while I walked over to the office.

I remembered to call about a hair appointment today and my hair dresser is able to fit me on on Monday.
Yay!
I am just not ready to throw in the towel yet and let it go grey and I don't imagine I will be any time soon either.

I also remembered to go online and apply for our PEI passes today - our trip is coming up soon so I was running out of time to get that done.

I walked over to the IGA next store and picked up a salad for lunch.
All the girls sat in the lunch room together and chatted - it's always nice to get to meet colleague's in person.

Jason was busy at home make antibiotic balls.
Ha ha.

Freya had to take some antibiotic medication for her mouth infection she had and she just hated it so Jason tried making these peanut butter/honey balls and adding the medication to it to kind of hide the taste.

It kind of worked but they had a very bitter aftertaste.

Freya ate a couple but I ended up finishing them off and they were so good - like little energy balls.
So Jason said he'd make them again, sans antibiotic this time of course.

I can't wait to have one when I get home on Thursday.

I had in my mind that I had to go to Fields for something after work but I couldn't remember why.
So I went over there anyway thinking if I saw what I wanted, it might jog my memory.
That didn't happen but I did find this cute little bathing suit that I picked up for Freya.

I stopped at the grocery store as well and picked up a whole roasted chicken and a salad kit for my supper.
I figured I'd eat half tonight and take the rest with me for my lunch tomorrow.

I walked back to the hotel and got ready to head out for a run.

I wanted to try to get 10k in again and I did it!
I made some loops in this residential area because it's pretty flat in there and much easier to run.
I still did the hilly parts by the road though.

The exercise details.

I think if I'd stopped after 9k's I would have had an awesome average pace.
The wind really picked up and it was so strong that for that 10th km, I felt like I was barely moving.
As it was, I'm still happy with an average pace of 7.04 for a 10k run.

After my run I remembered that I had gone over there to get a mouse for the computer I had at the hotel room so I could finish up blogging - the one I had was awful.

By that time, Fields and The Red Apple store were already closed so it was too late and I didn't have the patience to work with that slow mouse again so I'll pick one up tomorrow and work on blog catch up tomorrow night)

Jason thinks he found a use for the toilet he took out of the basement bathroom.
He's funny but it's not staying!

After I got back from my run, I fixed up my salad and then called Jason.

He was over visiting Freya so he called me for a video chat.
She was busy watching a show so she didn't pay much attention to me.

It was nice to at least see her - it's hard to go this many days without visiting her.

I don't know how we are going to manage when we go to PEI next month for 18 days.

He sent me a few more pictures later - he ran into her and Kody and the store.

Love the hate - and those facial expressions of hers.

My friend Paula's sister, Pam, is getting prepped for the holiday craft sales.
She posted these of some of the things she's been making.

I love this gnome.
So cute - I'm going to see if Jason can cut me out a shape like this.

I'm still totally into the red truck themed stuff for Christmas - this is so cute.
I love that Welcome sign in the background with the bees on it too.

And who wouldn't love this cute gnome sign - totally going to try to make one of these too.

Jason measured the floor and it's less than 40 square feet so we only need four packs of these tiles.
I got the bright idea to look for them on Amazon and there they were.

I was figuring Jason was more into the black and white one and they only had one pack of those at the Hardware.
They were a bit cheaper than Amazon but at least on Amazon I could get 4 packs.

He surprised me though and said he'd prefer the blue pattern and that one was actually cheaper on Amazon so I ordered 5 packs.
Figured I'd get one extra just in case.

There were tons of different patterns available on Amazon.
Depending on how the installation goes, I might order some more with a different design to do our en suite bathroom.

I spent my evening just watching tv in my hotel room.
I think tomorrow night I'll take the truck out and do some exploring around town after my run since it will be my last night here.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment