Tuesday 25 May 2021

Weigh In Day - Two Ups in a Row (May 24, 2021)

 Weigh In Day.

As I kind of suspected, I ended up with a gain.
184.8 lbs today.

That's up 1 lb from last weigh in.

That by itself wouldn't be so bad but this is the first time that I've had gains two weeks in a row which is concerning.

I have been really slacking on tracking my food the last couple of weeks and over indulging a bit too much, not really on anything bad, just eating more than I should be.

I'm putting an end to that today though - I still have a ways to go on this weight loss journey and I'm determined to be successful this time.

I know that it can be such a slippery slope and I don't want to slide backwards and undo all that I've worked so hard for.
I just will not allow that to happen - I got this!
Even though today is a stat, I worked so that I could take Thursday off instead.

Then I also took a vacation day on Friday so I'll have a nice long weekend coming up.

I went down to my actual office first thing.
I had some things I needed to print off and I wanted to pick up any work that might be on my desk for me.

I noticed how much my grey roots are growing in.
I sure hope they open the hair salons back up soon.
I could do a box dye myself but I hate to cover up those streaks I got put in last time.

I worked at the office all morning and planned on running at lunch time but it was raining so I just worked through lunch and headed out a bit later in the afternoon when the rain had reduced to just a slight sprinkle.


I don't know if it was my shoes or the headwind but my run felt very hard today.
I normally get a bit of a second wind near the end and feel like I can finish strong but not today, I had to push myself just to finish at all.

I did it though and I felt so good when it was done!

This totally is how folks in PEI refer to the different areas of the Island.
My mom's family is from 'Up West', it's an expression I've heard all my life so this map made me smile.

Kody dropped by this afternoon for a quick visit with Freya.
She really wanted to spend the night but Jason and I are both working tomorrow so I told her she could stay the next night.
She doesn't really understand that though so she was upset - I hate seeing her upset, it just tugs at my heart strings so much.
I just want to give her whatever she wants but I know that isn't good to do.
So she'll be ok, she was probably over it in minutes and she can come stay tomorrow night.

I cooked up a feed of fiddleheads for supper.
My brother picked them up in WCT and dropped them off which was so thoughtful of him.
I love them and try to have a few feeds of them every year when they are out.

I made roasted cauliflower to go with it - I cooked it in the oven with panko breadcrumbs and spices.
It turned out really good.
Then I made veggie based Italian sausage with peppers and onions.
It was all delicious.


That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment