Monday 24 May 2021

All About Freya Day (May 22, 2021)

Miss Freya wanted spicy noodles for breakfast.

And at Grandma's house, what Freya wants, Freya gets (for the most part).

So noodles for breakfast it was.

After breakfast, we made a birthday message to send to Papa.

Happy Birthday Papa take two.

He was able to video chat with us for a few minutes.

Freya found this zombie filter and she just loved it.
She's all about zombies, ghosts, monsters, vampires - you know, scary stuff.
She DOES NOT get that from her grandma I can assure you.

After the call, it was bath time.

She actually let me wash,  brush AND put little buns in her hair.

It looks so dang cute.

She even left them in, I couldn't believe it.

Jason made Tres Leches for the bbq tomorrow.
I can't wait to have a slice of it.

Freya and I went for a walk and stopped in at the park to play.

Just hanging out!

I think she likes sitting at the top of the slide more than she actually likes sliding down it.

There she goes finally.

Look - the little buns I put in her hair are still there.
Impressive!

Next stop, dinosaur ride.

She wanted me to get on too so I did.
This is not something I ever could have done when I was 90 lbs heavier.

Then we played on the See Saw.

Up and Down.

She spent more time up than down but I am substantially bigger than her.

We played for a bit longer then walked to the store where she got a cookie.
We went for a walk around so I could get some steps in.
We were going to stop by and visit mom & dad but they weren't home.

Turns out, they were driving around looking for us.
We ran into them near the park.
They were getting ready to go camping for the night so they took Freya with them.

I continued on alone and went for a nice long walk.

The kids stopped by to borrow a cooler before they headed to their campsite and Freya decided to climb our tree while she was there.
It's not a very good tree for climbing but perfect for a little one.


My knees were bothering me a bit so I decided to take a break from running today and go for a bike ride instead.
As you can see from the GPS image, I zig zagged all over town.
I think I hit every single street in town.
I ended up with a 21 k ride by the end of it and it was really enjoyable.

My Uncle put my grandmother's house up on the market for sale today which is so sad.
I wish I had the money to buy it.

I grabbed these pictures from the real estate website since it's likely that I won't ever have the chance to step foot in it again.

So many good times have been had here - so many card games played at this table.

This is the living room.

The front porch.

The bathroom.

The old, steep stairs.

One of the upstairs bedrooms.
If I had the money, I would totally buy it - thinking about someone else living there or even tearing it down to make way for something else makes me so sad.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment