Monday 10 May 2021

Happy Mother's Day (May 9, 2021)

I got up this morning, made myself a coffee and got all caught up on When Calls the Heart.

I think the season is finished now so I'm going to have to wait for the new season now, bummer! 

My Uncle Allan stopped by our property in PEI this morning and took some pictures to send to us.

Looks like some of the trees are still standing.

Maybe even alive too, that does look like a new little bud.

I'm not sure if this is marshy or if you can actually walk on it without sinking into the water.
It would be really nice to have a beachy area.

Another tree still standing.

It really is a nice property - sure wish we could get back to look at it and maybe do some work.

It's hard to get a shot of the whole thing because it's a big space but this is kind of an idea.

Freya and Haylee posted this sweet picture with a Happy Mother's Day message to all the mom's in their life.

Crystal then posted this cute one of her and her girls.

At lunch I got ready to head out for a run.
I figured I'd take my selfies before this time so my face wouldn't be so red.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

I bought myself a new Fitbit when I went to WCT on Friday night, the Versa 3.
It's the same one Jason just bought for himself and it does GPS tracking.
So I used that function today for the first time when I went for my run.

Oh and I did a thing today
I ran the whole route WITHOUT STOPPING TO WALK!
I was so proud of myself.
It's the first time I've been able to do that here in town.
The elevation is high here and there are lots of hills that I always struggle with but I knew if I just kept trying that eventually I would be able to do it and today was finally that day.

I'm still a long way from running a marathon but I know if I just keep trying, I'll get there too! 

Meanwhile Jason was cooking up tator tot casserole for the guys at work.
Doesn't that look ooey gooey good?
Glad I'm not there, I wouldn't be able to resist.

After my run, I got busy working on the craft room.

I'm slowly but surely getting things cleaned up and organized.

Some spots still need some work but I'm getting there.

There are lots of empty shelves and spaces because I was able to purge a lot of stuff which felt great.

I got all my craft books moved onto this shelf so they are more easily accessible.

I'm still not completely done but I need Jason to help me with a few last little details.
I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far.

Later in the day, Kody, Haylee and Freya dropped by to visit and bring me a Mother's Day Present.
Freya showed her mom the new make up kit I got her.

She wanted Mommy to do her nails.

This is the gift they gave me and I love it.
I don't even want to put it on the floor because I don't want it to get dirty.
I might hang onto it until we get the floors refinished and put it down then!

Kody and Alivia.
Adrien and the kids came by too.
They are going to spend the night.

These two are so cute.
Freya calls him her Huntie!

Best Friends.

Freya ended up wanting to spend the night so we let her.
After Kody and Haylee went home, the kids played downstairs and I had some time to finish reading my most recent book.

The Kite Runner.

It was such a good book - I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment