Tuesday 22 December 2020

My House In All Of It's Christmas Finest (Dec.16, 2020)

I had a busy day today.

My Honey was back to work so it was kind of lonely at home.

I did get out for a walk at lunch time - forgot to take a picture though. 

As soon as I finished work, I got busy painting gnomes.

My Honey had helped me stain them all yesterday so they could dry over night.

Tonight I got their faces painted.

I'm also going to do some snowmen so I got coats on those too.

Then I got busy cleaning up.
I wanted to take some pictures of my decorations and a video tour too so I wanted everything looking perfect.

Paddington didn't want to help so he hid under the blanket while I worked.

There is my tree - I think it looks beautiful.
I may get a couple more strings of lights for next year since we normally have the same size tree and I think it could use a few more lights.

Next to my mantel.
Even if I couldn't have anyone over at all, I'd still do all this decorating just for myself to enjoy.

I took some close ups of some of my favorite things.

I got this little kitty this year - she's so cute.
I paired her up with a dollar store tree and I think it looks great.

My little popcorn wagon I got on one of our Christmas trips.
I got it for 50% off and now I wish I'd gotten a couple extra for the kids but I didn't think of that at the time.

One of the snowmen I painted last year.

One of my deer couples.

I love trees and you can find nice ones every where.
I think both of these are from the dollar store.

Another cute couple!
I didn't really see any couples on my shopping expeditions this year but I've always got my eye out.

I love the sentiment on this sign and it's so true.
Love the little cinnamon cookies too that I made a few years ago and still put up each year.

Some of my favorite ornaments.
I got this when we went to Disney and I really wanted Chip & Dale because it's kind of an ode to one of my favorite Christmas cartoons where Mickey cuts down the tree that Chip and Dale live in.
Pluto discovers them and of course all kinds of havoc is wreaked.

Got this one when we went to see The Grinch live on stage in San Diego.

I can't remember buying this little mouse but I love it.

This we picked up at the UFO Festival in McMinneville, Oregon.
It was such a fun thing to do - love having this reminder.

I picked up this puppy at an after Christmas sale and I love how whimsical he is.

I got this glass fish either in Portland or Seattle, I can't remember which but I think it is so cute.

My Holly Hippo - I've had her for years and I still love her just as much as when I got her.
I'm considering getting a tall, slim tree just to display my souvenir ornaments - I'm going to be on the lookout after Christmas when everything goes on sale.

These are gnomes I made for Mr H and Mr A.
They like this kind of stuff so I thought they would appreciate it.
Of course since I've made these, I've decided to make one for everyone else too and they are in the works.

I love my VW Beetle van and these little deer I picked up at the dollar store.

Another deer I picked up last year, I added the wreath.
He keeps coming apart and I keep gluing him back together because I love him so much.

More cute deer I picked up at the dollar store.

This is a sign the we made for NCT's Christmas Tree House - I loved it so much that I bought it.

I picked this unicorn girl up last year - she's so darling, I love her red dress.

This is one of the first couples I ever bought and I still like them just as much as ever.
The most wonderful time of the year sign was an addition this year, I got it at Michaels for 50% off.
I love a good deal almost as much (or maybe even more) than what it is that I'm purchasing.

I love this JOY sign and it keeps getting knocked off of my tall lantern that I also love but I just keep putting it right back up.
I have to pick the lantern up because the switch for the candle is on the bottom which is not very convenient so the candle doesn't get turned on much.

So if you are interested, here is link to the tour of my house I did that I posted on YouTube.


After I finished the tour of my house, Paddington came over for some cuddles.

He's such a little cuddle bug.

Sometimes he puts his little paws around my neck just like he's giving me a big hug.

I love sitting and staring at this cute little face!

True dat!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment