Monday 20 May 2024

Last Minute Vacation Prep (May 18, 2024)

Today is not officially weigh in day but since we are heading out on vacation tomorrow, I just wanted to know what my starting point was.

212.6 lbs.

Hopefully I don't gain too much while I'm away.

 

Dee messaged me this morning to say that she'd picked out a grave marker for my Dad.
She's going to buy his ashes at a graveyard near her house and I'm so happy because now there will be something to show that he existed.
I told her I would help out with the cost because I knew it wouldn't be cheap.

Once it gets placed and the ashes are buried I'd really like to go back to Newfoundland for a trip to see it.

I worked on my blog this morning and got myself all caught up.
Freya slept in really late.
She woke up for a bit at 9:30, I went in and laid down with her and cuddled for a bit then I had to get up for something and she fell back to sleep.
I think it was around 11 when she finally got up - she went to bed really late so she needed the sleep.

Not long after Freya got up, Haylee, Kody and Eden came over.
I asked Haylee to dye my roots for me before I go on vacation.

My hair grows so fast - it's hard to keep up with.
Here is the before.

Haylee put the dye in.

And Freya combed my hair.

Eden was happy to play in her exersaucer.
She's almost too big for it already (too tall).

They left right after, they were taking the girls to Whitecourt to spend the day.

After they left, I had a shower to wash the dye out.

I remembered to take an after picture this time - It looks great - no more grey which is the main thing.

I went for a walk then - I walked down to the office to get some information then walked back home.
It was cold and windy out there.

Then I spent the rest of the day just getting things done before we leave.
I checked in for our flights, I did the rest of the laundry, changed our bed sheets so we come home to a nice fresh set.

I took mom to get some groceries - the boys always check in on her when we are away and take her for groceries and things if she needs so that's good.

I also packed and cleaned the kitty litter - you know, all the things!

Our plan was to head to the city tonight so I went online to book a room and the prices were just outlandish.
I'm not sure what was going on but the room we normally get for about a hundred bucks was 350.00 tonight.
So we decided to skip the hotel and just get up super early in the morning and drive in.

Our flight leaves at 10 and its a 3 hour drive so we'll be getting up at 4 am - early to bed tonight!

When Jason got home from work, we walked over to Crystal's and had her witness his will - he made some changes to it and just wanted everything finalized before we go.
Then we walked to the store and picked up frozen pizza for supper - easy to cook and no mess.

My brother Rob happened to be there so we got him to be the second witness on the will - worked out perfectly!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment