Sunday 12 May 2024

Off to Lloydminster (Apr.25, 2024)

Jason was off today and of course he had Freya, picked her up from school.

They went to Burger Baron for lunch - she is back on a donair kick.

 

Then she had a giant ice cream for dessert.

I worked through lunch so that I could leave a bit early, we are heading to Regina for the weekend - it's 10 hour drive so we are only going to go halfway tonight - we'll spend the night in Lloydminster.

Kody is away working in Fort McMurray for a few days so we took Haylee and Eden with us and dropped them off at Lloyd and Rita's in Barrhead - they are going to spend a couple nights there until Kody gets back.

Freya had my phone in the backseat with her and she was taking lots of selfies back there.

She makes the funniest faces.

Ha ha.

Got to do the duck lips!

We made it to Lloydminster around 8 pm and we went directly to the restaurant to get something to eat.

We went to a place called Spiro's - Jason and I had gone there a few years ago when I had to spend a few days in Lloydminster for work and he came with me.
They had this really good lemon sauce.

Jason and Freya.
I had chicken and salad and we also had the chicken wings with the lemon sauce.
Freya order the poutine - they just had this giant blob of cheese melted on top which was kind of weird and she didn't really like it.

So we got her a slice of oreo cheesecake.
I mean cheesecake for supper, what kid doesn't want that?

They had a baklava cheesecake which sounded interesting so Jason and I shared a slice of that.
It was good, different but good.

Then we headed over to the hotel room and called it a night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment