Tuesday 14 May 2024

Shower Shopping and a Most Outstanding Performance (May 4, 2024)

I had to make a trip into the city today to get supplies for Morgan's shower tomorrow and Alivia was dancing at a competition in there today as well so I wanted to make sure I was able to make it to that.

I brought Mom along with me for the trip and we headed out around 8.

Our first stop was Costco.

I wanted fruit and veggies for tomorrow and a few other things and while I was there I decided to have a look at the laptops.

I've been thinking about getting a new one and Jason's hasn't been working the last few days so I really kind of need one.

I had a look at a few, I was thinking about getting a Microsoft Surface but they are quite expensive so I wanted to make sure it was really worth it and I don't know a whole lot about computers.

There were a couple guys working around that area in Costco so I asked one, he deferred me to another younger fellow who he said was way more knowledgeable.

So I asked his opinion about the Surface, told him what I kind of needed it for and he said he thought it was over priced and that this one would do all the things I needed for a fraction of the price.

It's a Lenova and it's on the smaller side which is what I wanted.
Even though I'm buying it I still wanted Jason's opinion so I gave him a call - he said he'd had a Lenovo before and really liked it so that sealed the deal for me and I went home with a new computer.

We did a bunch more shopping and then I could tell mom was getting tired so we decided to stop and get some lunch.

We ended up going to Earl's - it was nearby where Alivia's dance was and they have good salads.

I got this Sante Fe type salad with blackened chicken - it was really good.

Then we headed over to watch Alivia dance.
Her group ended up getting gold medals and a trophy for most outstanding performance.
They were pretty pumped about that.

Miss Alivia.

Adrian had brought her in and he was heading right back home so we asked if she wanted to come with us - we just had a couple more things to do - and she did.

I took her to Crumbl cookie for a treat - she loved it.

It was late by the time we got home, I think it was 9 when I dropped her off at Adrian's/
When I did, I could see Freya waving out the window from her place (they live just across the street) so I parked and ran up to say Hi to her.

That quickly snowballed and I ended up bringing her home with me for a sleep over.

Jason bought her this hat that looks like the one Michael Jackson wears in the Smooth Criminal video and she loves it.

Doing her MJ pose.

Showing off her MJ moves.

Jason had boiled 2 dozen eggs for me so I shelled all of those before I went to bed - glad I did because it took a long time.
I also made a sign on my chalkboard for the shower tomorrow - Welcome to Morgan's Shower.

Haylee posted some more pictures of their trip to the carnival in Whitecourt yesterday.

Freya on the carousel.

On another ride.

Always so happy.

My girl loves a roller coaster.

Eden soaking up some sun.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment