Sunday 12 May 2024

Gopher Attack, Agave Grill and New Wheels (Apr.28, 2024)

When I woke up this morning I could just hear the wind howling outside, it was WINDY!

So that sealed the deal for me - I decided I'd much rather stay in bed snuggled with Freya than get up and head out for a run.

I was only doing a 5k anyway so I didn't feel that bad about missing it.

Jason on the other hand was a trooper and he got up and headed out to do his run.

Side note - the run is called the Gopher Attack and it's run right in the park beside where we were staying.

I wish I was as dedicated as he is.

 

When we did get up, I sat and drank my coffee and Freya cuddled up next to me on the couch and took selfies.

She was trying to do capture a picture of just the whites of her eyes but she was having some trouble.
Ha ha.
She thinks it's super creepy and she's all about that.

When Jason got back from his run he said he kind of expected to see Freya and I at the finish line and then I felt so bad because we should have went over there and cheered him on but it didn't even occur to me.
He said he didn't want to go either this morning when he heard that wind but he did and it ended up being not too bad.
The wind was at his back for half of the run so it kind of helped in a way and he was happy with his final time, proud of himself for getting out there and getting it done.
I'm proud of him too!

Freya was at me all morning to visit Emily and Eric again so I contacted Kim and we made plans to meet up at the Library this afternoon after Emily's swimming lessons.

We had some time to spare before that so we went to Freya's favorite place - Candy Cane Park.

She has an endless supply of scenarios in her head for us all to play and it keeps all of us quite entertained.

Will she pet the geese?

There were geese all over the place in the park - all paired up for the most part.
I felt bad for the ones that were by themselves.

We met Kim and Emily at the Library at 2 pm and dropped Freya off so then we had some time to ourselves until we had to go back and get her at 5:30.

First course of action was to go get something to eat as we hadn't really eaten much today.
We found a Mexican spot with good ratings and headed over there.

Agave Mexican Grill

It was really nice inside - I loved the decor.

My Honey - hurting a bit after running 21k earlier today but hiding it well.

I ordered the quesadilla.

Jason had the Chile Relleno.

They had tres leches so you know we had to get a slice of that to share and it was fabulous.

It had a chocolate on it so we took that with us to give to Freya.

We went and checked out a few more antique stores - I found some old muffin tins to make a craft I saw on Linda's DIY by Design.
Now I just need to take them home and rust them up.

We went and picked Freya up at 5:30 then stopped at Walmart to get some road snacks for tomorrow.
Freya found a bike while we were there and just fell in love with it so Jason ended up buying it for her.

She wanted to take it out for a drive as soon as we got back to the vrbo.

She picked out a new helmet too - it's fluorescent pink and it's looks awesome.
It's so easy to see her with it on too.

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

My Honey and I.

There was a skate park right next to Candy Cane park and Freya loved it.
She was driving up and down the ramps.
She even drove down over the some stairs and she was so proud of herself.

Look at her go.

She met a little boy there at the park and they became fast friends.
Freya wanted to play tag with Jason and the little guy was stoked, I was talking to his mom and she said he'd been asking to play tag all day.

She and I sat down and chatted and turns out she isn't his mom but rather his foster mom. 
She said he's a great little guy but that she's nearly 50 and it's hard for her to keep up with him but she enjoys him

She and I chatted for quite some time and it was really nice.

Trying out her new bike.

We stayed there until it was dark and starting to get cold then we said good bye to our new friends and headed home and chilled the rest of the evening in the vrbo.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment