Sunday 12 May 2024

Back to Alberta We Go (Apr.29, 2024)

Our time in Regina has come to an end and we had a long day of driving ahead of us so we tried to get up and on the road at a decent hour.
I think it was 9 am when we hit the road.

I drove until we got to Saskatoon where we made a pit stop at a place I found that sells IOD products.
Paint B'Dazzle.

I love the store - wish I lived closer.
I got myself another new IOD mold.

I watched Sentimental Salvage & Design and she made this bug plant box and it made me kind of want to make something with the bug mold myself so that's the one I got.

There was a book shop/cafe next door so we went in to look around and I bought myself a new book.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
I just finished her book, The Women and it was so good that I wanted to read another.

Jason took over the driving from Saskatoon so I got to do a lot of reading for the rest of the 7 hour drive.

We did stop at a gas station outside of Edmonton to fuel up - it happened to have a Pizza Hut in it so we got some chicken tenders and pizza for supper then were back on the road.

Freya was so good for the drive.
She kept herself entertained coloring and then watching YouTube.
Plus she had lots of snacks - that kept her busy too.

Giving me the eye - ha ha.

When we left Regina it was a gorgeous day out then somewhere after the Alberta border we hit snow/hail covered roads and it was miserable.
Thankfully that didn't last too long.

The sky was looking so gorgeous as we were approaching home.

Beautiful Alberta sky at dusk.

Freya really really wanted to come spend the night at our house so we asked Mom and Dad if it was ok and they agreed.
It was already after 9 and they were heading to bed anyway.

Little Miss Eden.

She turned 6 months old on the 25th and Haylee posted some picks to mark the occasion.

I love her smile - it lights up her whole face.

Sweet girl - time is going so fast.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment