Tuesday 14 May 2024

Morgan's Baby Shower (May 5, 2024)

I got up early and got to work right away on shower preparations.

I made the eggs into egg salad then I got to work cutting up fruit and then making them into fruit skewers.

Then I got everything packed up to take over to the curling club where we are having the shower.

Mom helped out and wrapped the gifts for the games for me.

Good thing too because I was running out of time.

I wanted to be over setting up at 10 am but it was closer to noon by the time I got there.

Mom and Nadine both came and helped me (they did most of the decorating) and so did Rob and Kody - they carried everything up for me.

Morgan and Kalem came as well and put together a balloon arch.

I spent a couple of hours making sandwiches and setting things up.

Mom put together this collage of pics of Morgan.

This is the blackboard sing I made.

I put together a quick collage of Kalem's baby pictures after I finished with the food.

It looked good all set up.

This is where the food will go but I left it in the fridge until it got closer to the shower time which I moved to 3 pm.
Alivia is dancing in the city again today and I wanted to make sure she'd be back in time and able to come.

Nadine set the tables up in a U which was a great idea.

The balloon arch turned out well.

I picked up fresh flowers yesterday for the mason jars.

Nadine did all the arrangements - I think they turned out good.

I had a few paper games for us to play.

Then Haylee and Kody came back and she helped me get this game set up that she suggested.
It's diapers with melted chocolate bars in them and the idea is to figure out what kind of chocolate it is.

Freya was getting a bit bored - she was taking a break in Eden's car seat.

She needed privacy I guess.

Mom - she was working all morning - I think she was a little tuckered too.

Kody, Haylee and Eden.

Love her big smiles.

The desserts.

I just picked up squares and cookies.

Snacks in pink bowls.

Time to put out the food.
I made chicken salad and egg salad sandwiches, some on buns and some on croissants.
The croissant ones were the fave.
The fruit skewers were a big hit too as were the pickles which all went.

Present table - this was just the beginning.

The guests of honor.

From left to right - Alivia, Mel, Zepplyn, Crystal, Kalem's Mother Jen, His grandmother and his aunt.

Rob, Nadine, Mom, Bonnie, Brooke, Taylor, Carrie.

Then down at the end there was Freya, Haylee and Kody.

First thing we did was get everyone to color Alphabet pictures for Morgan - she's going to make it into an alphabet book for the baby.

Me and my girl.

I think the shower was successful - we played all the games - gave out all the prizes.
Morgan opened her presents and then before everyone left, we took some pictures, LOTS of pictures.

Carrie (Morgan's mom), Morgan, Kalem.

Morgan & Kalem with Zepp & Freya.

Morgan and Kalem with his mom, grandma and auntie.

With Kody and the girls.

With Mom and Rob and I.

With her bestie Taylor.

With Alivia and Mel (Freya snuck in there too).

Then we cleaned everything up and headed home.
I had lots of help doing that - Kalem's family stayed to help, so did Rob, Kody & Haylee, Nadine and Kalem and Morgan.

Then Kody and Haylee made a quick trip to Whitecourt to pick up some formula so I ended up watching the girls for a couple hours after the shower.

Eden was a bit fussy so I took her in the room to watch some Cocomelon on the big screen.

Snuggles with Grandma - I don't know why but I'm just amazed that she can hold the bottle on her own now.
It just looks too cute.

Freya kept busy watching videos on Jason's phone.

Jason took this picture of her trying to eat the remote control.

Alivia posted this picture she took of her and Eden at the shower.
She spend a ton of time holding her and just loved every minute.
She's going to make a great Auntie.

I put my fitbit on the charger last night and totally forgot to put it on today so really I had way more steps.
Normally I would have run home to get it but I was just too busy today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment