Wednesday 15 May 2024

Mani/Pedi and Pool Time (May 10, 2024)

We are heading to Nashville next weekend so we wanted to do something special with Freya this weekend.

We decided to take her to the city for the night.

 

So after work, we hit the road, got us some road snacks at Super A before we left.

The first thing we did when we got to the city was head to the West Edmonton Mall.
I wanted to get a pedicure and Freya got a manicure.

My toenails haven't been the same since training for the marathon and there is a nail technician at this place in the mall that takes her time and does a really great job on my feet so I like going to her.

Freya's manicure was done before my pedi - she picked out her own colors.
She was sitting in the chair next to me but she got bored pretty quickly so I got Jason to come get her while I finished up.

He was walking around the mall and saw this at the food court.
I'm so excited - I love Chick-fil-A.

He took Freya and they tried out the virtual reality ride and she took one of these furry things for a ride.

I went with a minty green color for my toes - I don't love it but it will have to do now.
I last minute decided to get my nails done too and got a french manicure but instead of the white tips I got this same color green.

Then they came and met me and Freya wanted me to go on the Virtual reality ride with her so I did.

She picked the water park one for us to try.

It looks pretty chill.

She wanted to go in Lush.

She had to touch and sniff everything.

Sampling the wares.

She was starting to get hungry so we took her to the food court for something.
Jason and I had chicken shawarmas and Freya had chicken tenders and fries.

She got this drink that came with a marble in the top that you popped down into the drink.
Didn't sound like a very smart idea for a kids drink to me but I had a look at it and the neck of the bottle is too skinny for the marble to come back out.

She wanted ice cream with bubbles - the closest we could get was shave ice with bubbles.

What a kid, she's always making funny faces.

She pretty much just ate the bubbles off of it then she was done.

It was getting late by this point and the mall was closing up so we left and headed over to the hotel.
Jason got us a room at the Coast downtown.
It was really busy, we almost didn't find a parking spot.

It was close to 10 when we got to the room and the pool closed at 11 so we got ready and went there right away.
There were a bunch of kids there but they spent most of their time in the sauna so the pool wasn't that crowded.

We closed the pool down - we were the last ones to leave.

We had some bed time snacks then we hit the hay.

Happens to me ALL OF THE TIME!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment