Sunday 12 May 2024

Discovering Audio Books (May 2, 2024)

We were talking about audio books at work today - Shennelle listens to the all the time because her eyesight isn't the best and I've been thinking recently that I'd like to try them.

I discovered that I can read some for free on Spotify (I have an account) so I looked up Kristin Hannah.

I finished The Nightingale already and I loved it, even more than The Women, I just couldn't put it down.

So I looked her up on Spotify, found a book, started listening and got hooked immediately.\

It was great because I was able to listen while I worked - no fussing with holding a book and I was just doing mindless data entry type work so it made it so much more fun.

 

I only realized later that the book isn't even by Kristin Hannah, it's Kristin Harmel.

Ha ha

The book is great though.

So good that when I got home I just sat on the couch and continued to listen.

Nadine made this platter with an IOD transfer and she sent me a picture - it turned out great.
She's busy making stuff to sell at a Christmas market later this year as well.

Another day of tracking and staying on plan with Weight Watchers.
Each day it gets easier and easier.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment