Sunday 29 April 2018

Off to NYC!!! (April 17, 2018)

JRA said he would be by to pick me up at 5:45 am but was there just after 5:30 am.
I didn't even have a chance to make a coffee or get anything to eat.
Thank goodness My Honey, bless his heart, got up at 1:10 am last night to check us in on our flight.
I was exhausted this morning and would have been even worse so he saved me some sleep.
Next time we have a flight like that, I'll do the checking in and let him stay all cozy in bed!


The roads were really terrible for the first hour or so.
Snow covered and slick.
It is just a complete winter wonderland out there although truth be told, it doesn't feel very wonderful.
I am tired of the snow.
After the first hour, the roads cleared up but then it got super foggy just like yesterday morning.
We left in plenty of time though so we made it to the St Albert office in plenty of time for our meeting.
He and I were attending the same meeting for SOCT and CNQ'U.
We are implementing a new safety training tracking program so we wanted to go over course requirements with the foremen and explain how the implementation would work.
The meeting lasted until 11:00 am then I just found an office to work in.
One of the girls from the office here is out on maternity leave and I am taking over some of her duties so I worked in her office.
JRA was done so he head back home.

I was so hungry so I walked across the street to a little café there and picked up some lunch.

I got Beef & Barley soup, a chicken quesadilla,


a macaroon cookie and a chocolate chip cookie which I ate while waiting for my lunch. (Incidentally it was delicious).

At lunch I noticed a group of the ladies all eating together which surprised me, that wasn't something I often saw here at this office.
I joined them and the moral seems to be really good.
There were recently some girls that left and some new ones that just started but it seems to have been a good change.
The office was really busy today with all kinds of meetings going on.
My Honey was going to try to get off early and come get me so I thought I'd just hang around here and work until he arrived.
He said he won't get on the road until 3:30 at least so I am going to get a lift with one of the guys here to the mall and hang out there for a bit until My Honey can come and get me.
We will likely have some supper and just kick around until we have to go to the airport (our flight only leaves at 1:10 am so we have lots of time).

I worked until 4:30 then a fellow there at the St.Albert office gave me a ride to the St Albert mall.
I shopped around for a bit, found a pair of jeans I thought were $10.00 but they ended up being $4.99 which was awesome.

I got bored of shopping after about and hour and a half so I just sat in the food court and waited for My Honey.
Luckily he was able to get away from work early so I didn't have to wait too long.


He picked me up and we went to Smash Burger for supper.

They have brussel sprouts as a side now so you know I had to get those.
They aren't as good as OJ's but they were still pretty darn good.

We had lots of time before we had to head to the airport so we stopped at Walmart to get a few toiletries.
I ended up buying a couple of outfits for baby.
There are just so cute, it's going to be hard to resist.

Finally it was time to head to the airport.
We dropped the truck off at the Jetset parking, we use the WePark and it is so convenient.

Getting through security was a breeze so we had plenty of time to spare.

We usually go to Chili's so we changed it up and tried out Gretzky's place instead.
We figured we'd just have a little something for dessert since we'd already eaten supper.

My Honey - He wasn't really sad - just got him in a moment of pondering.

My Honey ordered the milk and cookies.

Oh no - you are not sharing any of my dessert!

I had the cheesecake with berry compote.
(I did share after all).

Way to stay positive!


This memory popped up on Facebook today of some crafts My Honey did with Miss A.

So am I!!!

Our flight boarded on time and we were up and away at 1:05am on the first leg of our trip from Edmonton to Toronto.
My Honey treated us to the plus seats so that was nice.
We didn't have to worry about sharing our row with anyone.

Plus they bring you things, like food, drinks and moist towelettes.
Because it was the red eye, the lights were dimmed for the whole flight.

There was an accident on a plane yesterday where the engine blew apart, smashed out a window on the plane while in flight and a women was half sucked out the window and killed.
I can't even imagine how horrific that must have been.
Of course that was showing on the news at the airport right before we left.

So I tried to sleep but that incident kept playing out in my mind so I had to keep busy playing games on my ipad and reading a few magazines I'd picked up.

It was a smooth flight and we got into Toronto around 6 am Toronto time.
So I'll stop there and pick back up in my next post.

So excited to be on our way to New York City - I don't think we will ever grow tired of it!


That is all for now, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment