Sunday 15 April 2018

Flooring is Complete (April 10, 2018)

The sun was shining this morning - so nice to see.
It was still cold but it started warming up in the afternoon, I didn't even have to wear a coat.

I was feeling so bad all morning at work because My Honey was at home working on the floor all by himself.
I wish I could be there to give him a hand.
When I went home at lunch, he had finished the hallway and had a good chunk of the living room done.
The hallway took sometime because there was a lot of cutting involved.

I had left over greek salad and chicken for lunch then I was back to the office for the afternoon.

It was so nice out and the snow was melting.

When I got home, My Honey was just about done!
He had one more full strip to do at the wall then the last row he had to cut length wise which was a bugger.
Cutting those things takes time!


Professor Snuggles was still looking for any little scrap of carpet he could nap on.

He got those done then went back and did all the doorways.
Because of the trim and meeting up with different types of flooring in other rooms, it took way longer than anticipated.
We've resorted to covering the opening in the wall with a full box of flooring.
It's doing the trick.


He had to stop around 6:30 so we could take a couple loads of garbage to the dump before it closed at 7 pm.
We made it there just in time.
By the time he finished up, I know he was so done with flooring.
I reminded him that the little part in the closet still needed done but he was over it and I don't blame him.
If it wasn't for company coming tomorrow, we likely wouldn't have pushed so hard to try to get it done although it will be nice to get the living room back together somewhat.
We still have trim to put back up but we need transition pieces for the doorways which we can't get here in town so that will have to wait.
We were able to get the trim back up around the window and we moved the sofa back into the living room so we could eat supper at 9 pm.
My Honey ordered us a couple of donairs.
It felt so good to sit but thinking about all I have to do tomorrow was daunting.
I'll get it done though!
The cats aren't too sure what to think about the new floor,


PS gave up and found a new perch for himself.

They'll be good once we get the couches back out and some area rugs put down for them.

Throwback to the time we took Miss A out for lunch.
She ate her lunch then enjoyed a giant piece of banana cream pie!
Can't believe how much she has grown since then.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment