Tuesday 10 April 2018

Snow, Snow, Go Away! (April 7, 2018)

We slept in nice and late this morning.
It was lovely.
Our room was awesome and the bed was super comfortable.
I was totally excited about trying out the fancy shower this morning too.
 
We picked Smitty's to have some breakfast.
It was close to noon and some places don't serve breakfast all day but we knew they would be.
I had a couple of eggs, bacon, fruit cup and low fat yogurt.

My Honey had an omelet and of  course, hot sauce.

After we ate, we had to stop by this great little shop in Leduc that I love.
It's a Crock Country Store
Just look at all this gorgeous stuff.

I love this fishy.
I think it's meant for wine but I totally could find another use for it.

I really like this cabinet - I am so into the weathered look.

I need a TV stand and I really like this.
I like the shutter like doors and the wood top.
Things are a little pricey here though so not really in my range to buy.

I really liked this container - I think I can get My Honey to make me a few of these.
I even love the color.
 
We left there and headed to Uline so I could pick up some bags I ordered for our upcoming Color Run.
They were an awesome deal.
Only $72.00 for a carton of 500 assorted colors.
And because I was able to get to the warehouse and pick them up myself, I didn't have to pay any shipping fees.
 
These will be the bags we give out to the participants with their registration goodies.

We left there and headed to a new store that just opened.
We were meeting JRA and BN there.
It was really full of a bunch of stuff that I was not interested so I headed to the discount store next to it.

I was looking at area rugs that might work in our living room now that we are going to the vinyl floor.
The colors were perfect but it has that southwest kind of design to it that I'm not really into.

I liked this one, nice and bright but My Honey wasn't a fan.

This one might work.

This one had some of the right colors but again, I don't really care for geometric designs like this so it probably will be a no.
I will just have to keep looking.
 
After we shopped, we headed to Fionn McCools for some lunch.

JRA & BN - our lunch companions.

My Honey & I.
 
My Honey had a burger.

I was good and had the lentil salad with a chicken breast.
It was tasty too.
It had pickled carrots, roasted beets, roasted sweet potato and kale.
It had a lot of sauce up on it but it tasted good.
 
We left the guys and did a bit more shopping.
We stopped at Homesense and I bought all kinds of goodies for decorating once we are done the renovation.
I am so stoked to get it all put together.
 
We also stopped at Home Depot and picked up decorative trim to finish off the fireplace and a few other things that we needed to finish up renos.
We decided to put an underlay beneath the vinyl floor so we got that too.
 
On our way out of town I suggested we stop for soup because I know how much My Honey loves it.
 
He was totally all for it.

See how happy soup makes him?

I was happy too - I could use less noodles but otherwise the soup is delicious.
 
We had to make one last stop at Walmart for groceries before heading home.

My Honey picked up a sweet CD for us to listen to on the ride home.
 
It was late by the time we got on the road and wouldn't you know it, as soon as we hit the road, it started snowing, HEAVILY!

Yup - totally!

I love this message and think I might make it into a sign.
 
We were luck in that by the time we hit Westlock - the snow had pretty much let up so that last hour or so of our drive wasn't that bad.
 
We made it home right around midnight then had to unload everything out of the truck and into the house (my least favorite part of a trip to the city).
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment