Thursday 6 July 2017

Weigh In Day

Well this morning was weigh in day,
We ate late last night and I spend a lot of time in the vehicle but I was still hoping for a good result.
246.0 lbs
WHAT!*#$%@!
I was disappointed.
That is up 3.4 lbs.
I was trying not to let it get to me, but it did a bit.

I drove out to the golf course at lunch to see My Honey and he whipped me up a Taco Salad for lunch.
We shared but I ate most of it.

Then I made a pot of chili so we could do some testing for this weeks Burger Love special.

Here it is in the creation stage.

We are calling it the Big Chill burger.
My Honey wanted to go with the Broke Back Burger and he wanted the tag line to be:
"so good you'll mount your friend to get one"
but I said absolutely not.
I love his sense of humor but  not everyone can appreciate it and I don't think that would go over well.

Anyway - it's a burger with a big onion ring, home made chili, chopped onions, shredded cheddar cheese topped with a jalapeno popper.
We shared this one and it was delicious!

Now onto memories of NYC again,
This was from our 2014 trip
When I saw Neil Patrick Harris (or Doogie Howser as he will always be known to me) was in a show on broadway I immediately wanted to see it.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
We paid an insane amount of money for the tickets and then about 10 minutes into the show I just knew it wasn't for me.
I even wanted to get up and leave but I thought that would be rude so we stuck it out hoping it might improve - it didn't.
I just thought a lot of it was too crude for my taste and they over did it with the inuendos.
Oh well - not the end of the world.

Then in 2016, we finally made it over to the Bronx Zoo.

They had quite a few different kinds of animals.

I love giraffes, they just seem so calm & serene.

Just the grounds were nice to see at the zoo.
It was like taking a nice walk in the park that just happened to have exotic animals.

Moi!

I think pink flamingos are kind of cool looking.

I also did a little retail therapy later that day.
These aren't all for me - as you can see there are doubles of some because I was shopping for my sister, niece and friend PP as well.

And that's a wrap.
Until next time, be happy!
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment