Sunday 18 September 2016

Trip to the Doctor


This is the sky this morning as I arrived at work, beautiful!
I didn't sleep any better last night, in fact it was worse.  When I swallow it feels like I am swallowing razor blades and my head is just pounding.  I still headed off to work and at first I did a couple of my outdoor hourly walks but I just wasn't up to it after that so I skipped those for today.
Such a bummer too because it was a beautiful day outside today.

My Honey sent me this picture of our daily visitor.  No wonder he visits though, he/she gets treats and belly rubs, I would be back often too!  And just look how beautiful it is outdoors.

By late afternoon my throat was just so sore and as I wasn't having any other cold symptoms, I started to worry that maybe I has strep throat.  I have never had it before so even though it was unlikely I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to work with something highly contagious.  I headed up to the hospital to get them to do a swab.  The doctor ended up taking some blood too just in case.  I waited for the results and he said all looked good.  It will take 3 days for the swab results to come back but he doesn't think I have strep throat, which made me feel better about going to work. 

Because my throat has been so sore, my meals have been looking like this for the past two days.  My Honey is so great, he picked up three different flavors for me. It feels good going down but it's right back to being sore as soon as I am done eating.

Fitbit Stats
So no surprises here.  I am not really focusing on the working out though, I just need to rest up and get myself feeling better.  I have the Inflatable 5K scheduled for this Saturday and I really want to be able to go.

Off to bed early again, hoping for a good nights sleep.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment