Sunday 18 September 2016

Family Dinner

Well looks like the Cold FX didn't help me this time.  I am still taking it and hoping for a miracle but I am pretty sure this cold has it's grips on me.
Still, I invited the family over for supper today as my friend will be moving back to PEI soon and I wanted to have one more get together with her before she goes.  She is like family so she always comes to all of our family dinners.

My Honey was busy first thing this morning making homemade ravioli.

He made something like 8 dozen.

All ready for cooking.  He just amazes me with all of his skills.  Don't they look pretty?

While he was doing that, I was downstairs getting my workout completed, on the schedule for today:
1/2 mile warm up
3 miles run
1/2 mile cool down
My throat was so sore and kept getting so dry that it hurt a bit but I stuck with it and got it done which I was very proud of.

 My Honey got Miss A to help him pick some flowers outdoors for a little arrangement.  She was proud of the final product.

 Not everyone could make it as a couple were working and my one brother was sick but my son and my other brother were happy to come over for a home cooked meal.
My mom and her bestie Max!

I let my nieces take some scented wax, it turned into quite the project as they took a square of each scent and then wrapped them each individually in saran wrap so the scents wouldn't get all meshed together.  They enjoyed themselves though and it kept them busy. 

 Miss M is loving the ravioli!

He made two kinds, this is lobster ravioli with a tomato sauce.

And this is sweet potato, potato & cream cheese in a sage butter sauce.  It ended up being everyone's favorite.  I couldn't eat much as my throat was quite sore but I did have two of these!

He also made an artichoke pizza for the first time.  We have had it in NYC at Artichoke Pizza and it is so delicious, we usually try to get there once each trip to have a slice and this was My Honey's first attempt at it.  He made it with a thick crust like they do and it was slightly different but just as delicious.

He made a regular pizza too as my brothers can be a little fussy about trying new "strange" things. Everyone did try the artichoke pizza though and they all liked it, I was impressed!

I love what she wrote on the bag - "Smell Good Stuff"!
I love having the family over, even when I am not feeling the best. 

Fitbit stats
I am not sure why the hourly goals didn't show up properly in the stats but that happens sometimes.  I know I didn't reach them all as I slept in again and aside from getting my work out in, I was resting a lot today.

I hope I get some sleep tonight and that I feel better tomorrow.

Until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment