Wednesday 21 September 2016

Weigh In Wednesday #8

Today was weigh in day.

And as expected, there was a gain, 2.2 lbs to be exact.  Not great but not the end of the world either.
Next week will be better.

This popped up as a memory on Facebook today, my Grade 7 class picture.  I am second from the left in the back row.  I have a lot of wonderful memories from junior high school and seeing this picture just brought some of them back. 

I had my appointment today for my blood work results just after lunch.  As expected, I don't have strep throat or any other bacterial infection for that matter.  There is some inflammation but basically the sore throat is viral and therefore I will just have to let it run it's course.  So no meds.

However, the Doc was concerned because my liver enzymes were high.  As soon as he said that it reminded me that they found the same thing when they did the health screening blood work on me at work 2 years back.  At the time they told me not to be overly concerned but to let my Doc know and just to keep an eye on it.  I rarely go to the Doc so I completely forgot about that until just today.
Anyway, he wants me to go for more blood work next week and to have an ultra sound of my abdomen.  He said not to be too concerned but he does want to check into it.

Funny how a health scare makes you think funny things.  I am certain everything will be fine but at work this afternoon after the appointment I started thinking that maybe the aspartame that everyone has always warned me about (and I always ignored) is finally catching up with me.  Or maybe I take headache pills (ibuprofen and acetaminophin) too much.  Or maybe I have cancer....and so on and so on.  If I let it, my mind just kinds of runs away with all these crazy scenarios.  So I had to dial it back and remind myself that this is just precautionary and it is more than likely nothing at all to be concerned about.

They called from the clinic right away this afternoon so I have an ultra sound booked for next week so I won't have to wait too long to find out anyway.  I did a bit of googling tonight and I am feeling better about the whole thing.  No sense worrying about something I have no control over and I will just deal with whatever happens as it happens.  Everything is going to be alright.

I hopped on the treadmill right after work to get my hourly steps in, went back upstairs and started watching Ellen (I Love the Ellen Show).  I decided to go right back down and just get my work out done and over with so that is what I did.  I didn't even take time to change into work out clothes as that would have caused delay and I didn't want to have the opportunity to change my mind.

I did the work out that was on the schedule for yesterday:
 5 min brisk walk
4 x 5 min run with 1 min walk inbetween
5 min cool down

It was just slightly uncomfortable because of my throat and my mouth would get really dry but I did it and it felt good - just like completing a work out always does!

My Honey got home late so we went out for supper tonight here in town.  I had a chicken quesadilla (forgot to take a picture).  It was good but I couldn't finish it as swallowing was starting to hurt again.
It seems as it gets later into the evening, my throat gets sorer and sorer.

Fitbit Stats
My first thought when I looked at this was
"OMG - what was I doing between 6 - 7, how did I miss walking 250+ steps that hour?'
But then I regroup and I remember that I worked out today (Yay me), I remembered to check the totals before I went to bed (and went and did the 2 extra floors to reach that goal) and I have the highest total steps and active minutes since I got sick! 
Therefore I am considering today a Huge Success! I should not feel one iota bad about it.

Well that's all for today, I am off to my comfy bed and heating pad.
Until next time, be happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment