Monday 5 September 2016

Autumn is in the Air

It was grey and gloomy out this morning again and a bit chilly too, I had to wear a coat for my hourly walks this morning.

 At one point the whole sky just turned a really dark grey, it was kind of cool & creepy at the same time.  I thought a terrible storm was headed our way but then it just kind of passed.

 This is pretty much how it looked for most of the day.

 The leaves are already starting to turn colour.  I love autumn, the beautiful colors, the crisp air and anything pumpkin flavor but I do wish summer could hang on just a little longer.

 I have to cross this little "bridge" that is built over a ditch each time I go for my walk and almost every single time, I see a little mouse or two scurrying underneath.  The first time I noticed it, I figured it was just the shadows playing tricks on me but I have been paying closer attention and it is definitely mice.  I think they have built a nest somewhere underneath.  There are a lot of mice around this year but as long as they stay outside I am good.

 My sister shared this memory on Facebook today, my nephew Mr.E just a couple years ago.  I love it, look at that silly little grin, such a little monkey!

Someone shared these on Facebook too, for some reason I have a thing for owls (maybe it's the big eyes)?  I think they are adorable and want to make a couple.  Another project to do after I get that fairy lantern done.

I also saw on Facebook today a treadmill for sale for $100.  It looked not bad so My Honey & I checked it out after work.  It ended up being ok so I bought it and dropped it off at work in one of the spare offices.  I figure I can use it there for my hourly walks once the weather gets too bad to walk outdoors.

We ended up stopping at a coworkers for the office keys and chatted to her for awhile, ran into an old coworker at the office and his wife (who cleans our office) and talked to them for awhile.  We also stopped at the grocery store and ran into another friend who we chatted with for awhile so by the time we got home it ended up being 8:30pm.  It was nice to catch up with everyone though.


I had put a spaghetti squash in the oven before we left and My Honey made a tomato & ground turkey sauce.  I added some capers and parmesan & Voila - a wonderful supper.

So it was late when I went down for my workout and I almost talked myself into doing it tomorrow but then at the last minute I just did it.  Today's workout was:
5 min brisk walk
20 min run
5 min cool down

 Got 'er done!

Fitbit stats for today - Nailed it!

I am off for the next four days and I am looking forward to it.  It is our last Friday off for the summer and then we will be back to regular 5 day work weeks.  It sure goes by fast.

Until next time - be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment