Monday 5 September 2016

Last Sleep In

Today was the last day of my nice four day weekend, my last day to sleep in as late as I wanted so I stayed in my cozy bed until almost 9 am.

 I went to visit my friend today for a bit and we were just walking around her yard.  She has a beautiful yard.  She planted sunflowers for the first time this year and this one is looking magnificent.  It is an unusual color that I have never seen in a sunflower before and I really like it. She gave us a couple and they have grown but no sunflowers have bloomed?

 Speaking of blooms though, we are still enjoying the wild flowers in our flower bed.  We haven't really had any new kinds, but lots of blooms are popping up.

 They really are lovely.

 My friend was making chowder for supper which inspired me for my own supper.

Even have some good old ADL butter straight from PEI to cook my onions in. 

 First step, saute those onions and bacon of course.  Bacon adds delicious flavor to everything.

 A giant pot of creamy goodness.  My son just happened to pop by for a visit so he was happy to have a couple of bowls.  It is so easy to make, I am not sure why I don't make it more often.  It is for the best, seeing as it is loaded with calories and butter and bacon!  We sure enjoy it when I make it though.  There is only one bowl left for My Honey to take to lunch tomorrow.

 I did get something accomplished today that I felt good about.  I purged my closet.  I realized that I was having a tough time getting clothes squished into my closet but that out of all the items in there, I really only use about 10% of them.
I purchased a large storage container and loaded it up.  These hangers were all previously filled with items from my closet that I just don't wear for various reasons.

Some of the items are too small so I have decided that I will keep the container for a year.  In a year I will revisit and if I still don't fit or if I just won't wear them, I will let them go.

It ended up being a sedentary day again.  I watched a few more episodes of "When the Heart Calls" and had a nice bubble bath and did some reading.
I have been having second thoughts about the 10k training because there is too much down time and once I miss a day or two of working out it snowballs on me.
Today should have been a rest day by the schedule and I had decided to not work out. Even though I was feeling guilty about how my Fitbit stats have been looking this weekend I figured I would just call it a wash and start new tomorrow.

My Honey told me he was going down to work out and asked if I was coming.  I said I was unsure and he said I would feel better if I did.  So I thought about it and he was right.  Thanks to that, I went down and hopped on the treadmill.

At first I just thought that I wouldn't follow any guide and whatever I managed to get done would be good.  I warmed up for 5 minutes then started jogging.  Yesterday's agenda called for .5 miles walking, 2 miles jogging then .5 miles cool down.  As I was jogging I decided that I would just do yesterdays workout and then continue on with my training schedule tomorrow.  It would be like I only missed one actual day of the training (Saturday's) so that made me feel better.

I jogged for the 2 miles then did the .5 miles cool down.  I realized that my warm up should have been .5 miles but the 5 minutes I did only added up to 2.09 miles so I was a bit short on that.
All in all though, I am so happy that I did it.

Fitbit goals -
I had to run up and down the stairs a few times and walk around the house a few times in a last ditch effort to reach my goals for today and I am pleased to report that I met them all except the 12 hour one.

My Honey & I watched a documentary on the JonBenet Ramsey case tonight.  It is such a shame how that all unfolded and how that family was prosecuted by the police, media and the public.  Still to this day, nobody has been charged with her murder and it was a brutal one.  So many things I never knew about and I think back to when it was all front and center in the news.  I am sure I jumped right on that bandwagon of blaming the parents. Definitely a case where we should all remember that people are innocent until proven guilty and that we can't believe everything we see in the media.  This is an extreme case because it seems that even the Colorado Police Department were determined that the parents were guilty as well.  It was certainly an eye opener for me and even though the family has been exonerated, I hope they still find the monster that committed this unthinkable crime.

It's back to work tomorrow for this chick.
That's it for today's musings, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment