Wednesday 21 September 2016

Don't Give a Darn Day

We had health screening at work first thing this morning which basically means we have an appointment with a nurse who weighs & measures us and takes some blood to send off for testing.

 We had to fast for 12 hours before hand and my appointment was only at 8 so that meant I had to wait a few hours for my morning coffee.  Also, I had to give in last night around 1 am and have a throat lozenge but the nurse said that shouldn't alter the readings too much.

So there you go, I can't remember the last time I have had blood taken and now it's been twice in a week.
They knew at the office that we had to fast so they had a few things there for us to munch on after our appointments.  I was so hungry that I gulped mine down before thinking to take a picture but I had two boiled eggs, a banana, some grapes, TWO slices of cinnamon raisin toast and this indulgence which I rarely have, Orange Juice, the extra pulpy kind! I was afraid it would burn my throat going down but luckily it didn't.

I made it outdoors for my hourly walks, it was a little chilly so I had to keep my ears covered, don't want to end up with an ear ache next.

.
The trees are still looking lovely.  I thought this red leaved tree between the two evergreens was particularly stunning for some reason. 

I am really enjoying the fall colors here this year.  As I have said before, we mostly have shades of yellow mingled in with the green but it is still quite pretty.

My throat is still giving me grief so this tasty treat after work felt really good going down.
I called the hospital to check on my blood work and it's back so I made an appointment for tomorrow to go in for the results.  They didn't call me so I doubt I have strep (or else they would have) but I am hoping I can convince him to give me something.  We are heading to Panama in just over a week and I don't want to be sick for the trip.

I was all gung-ho to work out today and then once I got home I completely talked myself right out of it.
Instead I sat on the couch feeling bummed about my sore throat and I watched some television.

First up, one of my faves!  I don't care what anyone else thinks, I for one love this family.  I think that they really do want to "serve" and they have good morals and I may not agree with all of their beliefs but so what?  I applaud them for not being afraid to show who they are and if they get paid for doing a television show, well good for them.  The show can be repetitive sometimes but I don't mind, I could watch it all day long.  I think I would like to just go hang out with them for a day, I grew up with 3 siblings and a large extended family and I thought it was so much fun.  This show reminds me of that and I just plain feel happy when I watch it.  My Honey isn't so keen on it but I just try to watch it when he is other wise engaged!

Next up, the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory.  First off, thank goodness for PVR as it was on last night and we would have missed it!
This is absolutely one of the best sitcoms of all time.  I only started watching it a few seasons in but now we never miss an episode.  It is always funny, ALWAYS!  Some shows seem to lose their charm after a time, or they change the characters slightly which doesn't always work out well but not this show.  I laughed out loud several times during this episode.  We even watch the reruns over and over and we just never get tired of it.  Sheldon's character is really a big part of why the show is so funny but as far as I am concerned all the others play their part too.  It just wouldn't be the same if any of them were gone.  The chemistry between the gang is fabulous!  I don't ever want it to end!

Then I heard the news, like THE NEWS!!! 
I wonder why celebrity gossip is so important to so many?  I am guilty of it myself. I have to be honest here and let you know that I have always been Team Jennifer Aniston so I secretly felt a little happy when I heard the news, like finally Jen wins. 
Then I felt guilty because that is just so silly. 
 I am not sure why I feel so invested in these relationships? 
It is sad for Brad, Angelina and their children. 
No matter the reason and celebrity or not, it is sad to see a family break up. 

Fitbit Stats
I feel like I took a step backwards here, what was I thinking.  I missed a few goals, Darn!!!
I just wasn't into it yesterday evening but tomorrow will be different.

Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment