Monday 19 September 2016

Rainy Day Doings

Woke up this morning to rain, rain and more rain.  Still not back to my healthy self so the rain is ok with me. 
My sissy ran her first 5k today in under 30 minutes.  She is serving overseas in a place that is extremely hot, so super duper proud of her! She totally rocks!
Hopefully we can run one together one of these days.

Started my morning off with a great sappy movie.  I will admit, it had me crying pretty good.
It was a sappy romantic movie and I enjoyed it. 

Next I started a new series.  Some family from PEI are coming out to Alberta to visit and they are big Heartland fans so they want to go check out Southern Alberta where this is filmed.  Thought I would check the show out just so I would be in the loop a little if I went with them.
I ended up getting 3 episodes of seasons 1 watched and I was doing laundry and cleaning in between so it wasn't a totally lazy day.

It is family oriented and wholesome and it has a good story line and so far I am enjoying it.  There are 9 seasons of it on Netflix so it will be quite some time before I can ever catch up.  I will continue to watch though, for sure.

I watched Pioneer Women (Ree Drummond) yesterday on Food Network and she made these "Funeral Potatoes" which I have been thinking about ever since.  When My Honey got home from work we popped down to the store and picked up the ingredients and made it for supper.  It is absolutely in no way a low fat dish.  It is full of butter and cheese and sour cream AND potato chips, but it was indulgent and good.  When make it again (because we will), we will doctor it up a little with maybe garlic, chives other spices or even different flavors of chips.  I think my brothers and my son would love it.

My Honey cooked up a couple of pork chops too so this is what supper looked like today!

My throat is still a bit sore so ice cream for dessert was soothing.  I sure hope this thing goes away soon.  I am concerned about my weigh in this week and am preparing myself for a gain.  I just hope it isn't a huge one.

My Honey & I watched this tonight before heading to bed.  I never really heard or saw that much hype over it but we really enjoyed it.  Ryan's character is a big screw up but you just can't help but like him.  I would definitely recommend it.

Fitbit Stats
As you can see, still not doing very great with these.  Tomorrow I am going to be back at it though. 
I  will be doing my hourly walks and my goal is to see green for all these items.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment